Make a donation

Author Topic: Alarm issue - advice required please  (Read 1066 times)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Alarm issue - advice required please
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »
A couple of days ago the alarm kept going off within a minute or so of locking the car (with the fob as usual). After going through the frustrating 'lock, wait, alarm goes off' process half a dozen times, and not wanting to leave the thing going off all night upsetting the neighbours, I managed to get it into the only local place open on a Saturday afternoon, Kwikfit, and left it there.

I managed to get it booked in to VW today by some stroke of luck, so went to pick it up today from kwikfit. The lads there said the alarm hadn't gone off at all after I left it with them. Strange. One of them said the battery might be going flat and causing it. I wouldn't say the battery has been noticeably bad recently - maybe a bit weak on one cold morning.

Anyway, took it to VW this morning. Locked it, waited... no alarm. Strange.

VW phoned me an hour ago and told me they'd done the diagnostic check and the last 3 logged alarm triggers were interior sensor, inclination sensor, and the siren itself.

I asked him to carry on troubleshooting and to ring me later.

So I'm just trying to preempt his phone call and see if anyone can suggest a plan of attack. To my limited knowledge, the fact the last 3 triggers were 3 different things might imply it's something else like the main battery or alarm backup battery and those logs were symptoms rather than the cause.

Any experience in this or advice is much appreciated. Cheers.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Alarm issue - advice required please
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:38:10 pm »
Any developments?

I also have the exact same 3 fault codes as well.   Given it's unlikely for all of that to fail at the same time, I'm pretty sure it's because the battery in the siren unit (it's also the controller module) is getting flat, or the unit itself has an internal fault.......which wouldn't be a surprise given the harsh environment it lives in.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D