Make a donation

Author Topic: Strange alarm problem  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
Strange alarm problem
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »
Hello on my gti I ativated the alarm bleep a while ago but the siren was broke,so I fitted a new siren and all was well,
The last week on my weekly scan(decat)it said interior monitoring sensers,vehicle inclination senser and alarm horn,I replaced the senser (used) above the passenger door as I was told that has the two sensers in,but that made no difference so bought another used siren and fitted that and still the same,and I have reset the coded but there still there.
It appears that my interior sensers don’t work as if I lock the car with my in and move about my hazards don’t go of.
But if I lock it with the fob from outside and undo it with the key my hazards go of but no sound.
I don’t no if it’s linked but last week I did get a mysterious flat battery
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Strange alarm problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »
Same errors on mine as well.   A common problem on these cars apparently.   I've never bothered to fix it because when they do work, they are known for falsies, and people ignore alarms anyway.   The immobilizer is the important bit, which still works regardless of the siren.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:12:28 pm »
It’s annoying me though,I liked my alarm bleep
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »
Mine beeps in spite of the fault codes, but I hate it, so turned it off in VCDS  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:39:46 pm »
I found that open grilles will see off the siren due to increased water / crud ingress.

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:33:41 pm »
I’ve spoke to the seller on eBay for the siren and he’s going to send me a different one,maybe I the new senser and alarm are both faulty