Make a donation

Author Topic: Demon-tweeks trouble  (Read 6228 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Demon-tweeks trouble
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:30:01 pm »
Hi.

Has anyone ever came across this with alloy wheels from demon-tweeks.

I bought a set of alloys from them. Sent out 3 centre caps instead of 4.

I've contacted them and they sent me a set which didn't turn up. Week later another set they sent turned up but were too big, next day another set but too small.

So i've contacted them again and told them to check they fit before they send me them. I got an email saying that wheel don't come with centre caps and i've to use the original caps from my golf r wheels. And also that is why there locking wheels nuts didn't fit either (another story)

So i've contacted them again saying its false information and sent a picture with the other centre caps and been fobbed off twice today. Apparently now they have sent the picture to there supplier.

They also picture the wheels i bought with centre caps on them, i've always just thought all wheels came as standard with centre caps.

I was going to get vw centre caps anyway but i feel as if there just fobbing me off so i don't want to back down. Also if i ever sell the wheels i would rather have the centre caps with them.

Should i give up and stop wasting my time or follow through with it since there full of dung?

Anyone else had this bother before?

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Demon-tweeks trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:59:26 pm »
Hi.

I've contacted them and they sent me a set which didn't turn up. Week later another set they sent turned up but were too big, next day another set but too small.

So i've contacted them again and told them to check they fit before they send me them. I got an email saying that wheel don't come with centre caps and i've to use the original caps from my golf r wheels. And also that is why there locking wheels nuts didn't fit either (another story)

So i've contacted them again saying its false information and sent a picture with the other centre caps and been fobbed off twice today. Apparently now they have sent the picture to there supplier.

They also picture the wheels i bought with centre caps on them, i've always just thought all wheels came as standard with centre caps.

I was going to get vw centre caps anyway but i feel as if there just fobbing me off so i don't want to back down. Also if i ever sell the wheels i would rather have the centre caps with them.

Should i give up and stop wasting my time or follow through with it since there full of dung?

Really new wheels don’t come Center caps! Bunch of Jokers, mate call them up and ask for a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:01:50 pm by Dogma »
MK5 ED30

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Demon-tweeks trouble
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:50 pm »
Hi.

Really new wheels don’t come Center caps! Bunch of Jokers, mate call them up and ask for a full refund.

I did actually say i want a refund by end of this week if they haven't sorted it out.

There response was..... because i've fitted them they wouldn't accept them back.

See what tomorrow brings.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Demon-tweeks trouble
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 06:14:24 pm »
Hi.

I did actually say i want a refund by end of this week if they haven't sorted it out.

There response was..... because i've fitted them they wouldn't accept them back.

I’m sure your still covered under statuary rights, call ofcom up they will confirm this for you.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:22:51 pm by Dogma »
MK5 ED30

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:21:17 pm »
Hi.

I’m sure your still covered under statuary rights, call of on up they will confirm this for you.

Thats what i thought as its not as advertised.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:23:56 pm »
Hi.

I’m sure your still covered under statuary rights, call of on up they will confirm this for you.

Thats what i thought as its not as advertised.

Ofcom I mean

You have nothing to lose mate best of luck.

MK5 ED30

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 04:50:00 pm »
I thought Tweeks had got their act together a long time ago, but it would appear more work is required.

I have never seen a set of wheels sold with gaping holes in the middle.  What a load of tripe.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 05:00:53 pm »
I guess I was lucky that my 4 TD Pro Race 1.2 had the 4 wheel caps. I've melted 2 of them in a track day, though. :signLOL:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 09:58:00 am »
I guess I was lucky that my 4 TD Pro Race 1.2 had the 4 wheel caps. I've melted 2 of them in a track day, though. :signLOL:
least you got some fun out of them.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 06:40:47 pm »
Ordered one new wheel for my sons car , they sent 4 !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:30 pm »

Free wheels x3!  :jumpmove:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 10:14:11 pm »
Haha bargain. Hopefully they send me some free wheels with these centre caps.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 10:16:05 pm »
So finally got a manager on the phone.

Apparently they were out of stock hence the just sending me any centre caps they had sitting about.

Apparently they're sending them this week. And also contacting me with a gesture of goodwill.

Maybe free alloys

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 11:38:24 pm »
Top job , glad it was a good out come. .

MK5 ED30

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 01:47:01 pm »
Top job , glad it was a good out come. .

Cheers mate. They arrived in the post today.