Make a donation

Author Topic: 2009 Golf Plus TDi - Water in Boot + Drivers Footwell  (Read 1873 times)

NickH

2009 Golf Plus TDi - Water in Boot + Drivers Footwell
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:02:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

New to the forum.

Recently purchased a 2009 Golf Plus TDi DSG, and have a water ingress issue.

Water is collecting (quite a substantial amount) in the boot floor (underneath the spare wheel/tool kit etc) - Note: I have a passenger side rear fogged outer light

Water is also collecting in the drivers side footwell directly under the matt.

I have done a bit of research on google/here, but wondered if anyone could help me further?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

NickH

Re: 2009 Golf Plus TDi - Water in Boot + Drivers Footwell
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »
Anyone?

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:31:12 pm »
behind the rear bumper you have 2 flaps for ventilation, the seals around these can fail. the water in the front might be from a blocked water drain underneath your scuttle panel. however once water gets in the boot it can run down the channels and fill the footwells up. I suggest removing the carpet completely  to dry and prevent mould and check those two areas first. Also check your boot seal for damage or general ageing/wear and tear

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »
behind the rear bumper you have 2 flaps for ventilation, the seals around these can fail. the water in the front might be from a blocked water drain underneath your scuttle panel. however once water gets in the boot it can run down the channels and fill the footwells up. I suggest removing the carpet completely  to dry and prevent mould and check those two areas first. Also check your boot seal for damage or general ageing/wear and tear