Make a donation

Author Topic: P0441 code and other stuff  (Read 1027 times)

Offline steevo134

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
P0441 code and other stuff
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:12:04 pm »
Hi there been have a few issues with the golf firstly had to replace the pcv valve as the diaphragm was burst
Then got the p0441 evap code have just replaced the n80 valve and canister today still running lumpy as f@ck and the brakes have went solid to the point where it won’t brake at all  disconnected the battery now all the dash lights are on and don’t go off after a few hundred yards as normal also the car has no fault codes showing now but really rough idle car is starting to piss me off as I have spent a small fortune since December fixing one issue after another it just doesn’t seem to end
Is there anyone out there that could enlighten me or maybe has vagcom to check it out i would be ever so grateful I am in the east Ayrshire area of Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: P0441 code and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:54:32 pm »
Check the plastic hose that comes off the vacuum pump (the metal housing in front of the mechanical fuel pump) as it likes to split.   If the brakes are solid, i.e. no servo assistance, then it does sound like a huge air leak to me, hence the crap running.

As for the dash lights, you gotta be careful pulling the battery on these cars.  They don't like it.  Pull it again, but leave it disconnected for 30-60 minutes this time.  I had a situation recently where pulling the battery for 5 mins took out the driver's side door module when reconnected.  No petrol flap, no central locking, no pump priming, no electric windows, no dash board door open warnings....nothing.

Thinking a wire in the door loom had coincidentally snapped, I dug around in there for ages.  Checked fuses etc, all good.  Pulled the battery again and left it off for an hour and bingo, everything back to normal.   Stupid cars  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D