Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD330 Plus troubleshooting  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Bearings

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
RCD330 Plus troubleshooting
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:35:13 am »
I've bought a 187B NoName RCD330 Plus radio for my '55 plate GTI, and I've also updated my Gateway to 7N0907530AM and my Steering Controller to 1K0953549CH. 

I managed to code in the Steering Controller and my MFSW buttons (a std Mk5 GTI MFSW with 8 buttons) all worked with my cheap chinese double-din before I swapped it out to the 330. The steering wheel controls still work, except the up/down arrows on the right hand side. Nothing happens which I click on them eg: change tracks.

As I go through the MFD using the Menu button on my MFSW, I now only see the Setup and Trip-meter screens - the Audio menu doesn't show up, therefore I can't control the tracks with my MFSW.

Any ideas on where I need to look in VCDS to get the Audio menu to start showing on my display again?

When I look on the internet for advice, I get conflicting reports that my current setup should just work or I should buy an additional CANBUS simulator like this - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AIDUAUTO-RCD330-MIB-RCD510-Multifunction-Steering-Wheel-Button-Control-Simulator-Adapter-For-VW-Golf-5-6/523203_32867792570.html

Thanks in advance!