Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 Spring Cleaning  (Read 1203 times)

Offline minty7815

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
ED30 Spring Cleaning
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:02:26 am »
I picked the car up from the dealers yesterday, I usually go to an indie but I wanted to send it in for a full checkup and major service. I needed a new service book, the old one is full, and a rear brake dust cover needed replacing. It's been a busy year for the Golf. New turbo, 4 new tires and a full paint correction, but there are a few jobs that need doing now it's starting to warm up, but the dealer couldn't find a single fault...all boots, mounts etc were tippity top!. I could do with 2 front new side windows, the previous owner obviously used a chisel to get the ice off in the mornings, and the wheels are starting to look a little tired (no curb rash though). So, has anyone replaced the side windows and what was the cost? I'm looking at about £75 a corner for the wheels!

Offline Neil 54

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: ED30 Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »
Replaced my drivers side window think OE glass was approx. £75 from TPS fitting was not to bad you have to remove the door skin not a bad job at all just remember to hold door handle in the open position whilst undoing and tightening the lock barrel and the approx 20 bolts that hold on door skin keep in order as they are different lengths there are online how to's that I found helpful just type into google