Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 Golf GT 4Motion Sport 2.0 16v Graphite Blue Pearl Effect  (Read 12972 times)

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
Re: MK5 Golf GT 4Motion Sport 2.0 16v Graphite Blue Pearl Effect
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
Hi @Lhasa

There are a few TDI 4Motion owners on her, @ady-uk has done plenty of mods to his, look up his posts. I have a Black 06 Sport 4Motion, with factory Xenons, Dual Zone Climatronic and Sunroof. I spent more than 2 years for the right spec to come along and have added R32 leather interior, MK6 FBSW with controls, RNS510 and other small changes.

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the reply/post. It's great to hear about other 4motion's on here  :happy2:
Hmm! factory Xenons, v.nice!  :smiley:
I wish mine had them.

I've got 340mm Mk7 Golf R front brakes to put on in the next couple of weeks (already put 310mm on the back) and then I'm ready to fit the Narco Tuning hybrid turbo, DS hard pipe kit, S3 large intake intercooler and Sachs Racing Clutch. It should give about 230bhp, but will be factory downpipe, so no issues with MOTs in the future, as they appear to be getting more and more strict and I can't be a**ed with swapping a decat out every year. I did consider the Darkside GTB2260 kit, but the cost for that really starts to build if you want the 300bhp it can give with supporting mods.

I have already upgraded the brakes to 310mm front and 282mm rears, so I could still fit my winter 16" rims. I bet the 340mm Golf R brakes look mint.  :happy2:
I'll try and get some photos of the brakes uploaded shortly.

I look forward to seeing what you do to yours, keep an eye out for front wing, front seal and rear tailgate rust (around the badge). I'm replacing my tailgate as mine is quite unsightly now.

Cheers

Stu

All the bodywork is in A1 condition with no rust anywhere. It did help that VW replaced one of my front wings recently under warranty as there were very small (and I do mean very very small!) bubble appearing under the paint. All free of charge.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 12:19:54 pm »
Would love having 4motion on my TDI..

But seems like I have enough on my plate with the engine build along with DSG conversion hehe. Maybe when that's done I should look into doing a 4motion coversion  :signLOL:   Would really support my +300bhp setup nice though :party:

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 08:29:42 pm »
Hi @Lhasa

I have a Black 06 Sport 4Motion
Stu

Do you have a thread? Quick question - Is yours a five or three door?

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »
Would love having 4motion on my TDI..

But seems like I have enough on my plate with the engine build along with DSG conversion hehe. Maybe when that's done I should look into doing a 4motion coversion  :signLOL:   Would really support my +300bhp setup nice though :party:

It would make sense to fit a prop shaft and rear diff while your gearbox is out...  :wink:

I bet 300bhp TDI would be incredible in a MK5 4Motion, but if I had your engine and DSG I would consider fitting this into a 4Motion model to save the hassle of retrofitting the 4wd parts, subframe, fuel tank to a fwd one etc etc  :driver:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »
Would love to be able to install new engine, DSG and convert it to 4motion all at once ... But my wife  :mad: :mad: hehe.

New engine is finaly soon to be fitted along with new brakes, discs and pads all the way around - Will also change the intire rear subframe mounts, since I'll change rear hubs for alloy ones. (already got hubs and wishbones in alloy at the front)

In the fall hopefully I got time to do a full DSG and maybe a 4motion conversion if I can find the parts to do it the 4motion retrofit  :D The DSG conversion will happen no matter what since my clutch problerly wont last longer to the fall with the new engine  :evilgrin:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »
Would love to be able to install new engine, DSG and convert it to 4motion all at once ... But my wife  :mad: :mad: hehe.

New engine is finaly soon to be fitted along with new brakes, discs and pads all the way around - Will also change the intire rear subframe mounts, since I'll change rear hubs for alloy ones. (already got hubs and wishbones in alloy at the front)

In the fall hopefully I got time to do a full DSG and maybe a 4motion conversion if I can find the parts to do it the 4motion retrofit  :D The DSG conversion will happen no matter what since my clutch problerly wont last longer to the fall with the new engine  :evilgrin:

What's the availability of 4motion parts for you? What gearbox would you use with a 4motion conversion, as I assume you would need to change the DSG for a 4wd version? Sound like you need to do this along with 4wd at the same time (or at least that is what you tell you wife  :happy2:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »
Any DSG gearbox can be used for this, since you'll have the haldex sitting another place. So i bet you would need some other front shafts , rear subframe, all the haldex parts / drive train , another down pipe / exhaust , another fuel tank and some other parts.. It just took my breath writing down these parts needed to be changed in order to make the 4-motion happen :signLOL:

Maybe when everything else is finished on the car and I've enjoyed it, this could happen in the future :D  Right new, I'm still gathering parts for the DSG conversion and trying to plan having new rear fenders along with inner and outer panels swapped ready to be painted

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:04:24 pm »
Any DSG gearbox can be used for this, since you'll have the haldex sitting another place. So i bet you would need some other front shafts , rear subframe, all the haldex parts / drive train , another down pipe / exhaust , another fuel tank and some other parts.. It just took my breath writing down these parts needed to be changed in order to make the 4-motion happen :signLOL:

Maybe when everything else is finished on the car and I've enjoyed it, this could happen in the future :D  Right new, I'm still gathering parts for the DSG conversion and trying to plan having new rear fenders along with inner and outer panels swapped ready to be painted

Sounds like it will be easier to buy a 4motion and then install a DSG!  :signLOL:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 02:58:54 pm »
Not when you live in Denmark  :signLOL:

Cars over here is more exspensive than in the UK... lets say you'll find a MK5 R32 in the UK for 9000
GPB - that same car here in Denmark will cost you more than 20.000 GPB

And since the cars are so exspensive people tempt to chose the ekstra unchecked when they are ordering a car  :confused: So not that many DSGs and even less with 4Motion hehe.

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 07:06:15 pm »
Not when you live in Denmark  :signLOL:

Cars over here is more exspensive than in the UK... lets say you'll find a MK5 R32 in the UK for 9000
GPB - that same car here in Denmark will cost you more than 20.000 GPB

And since the cars are so exspensive people tempt to chose the ekstra unchecked when they are ordering a car  :confused: So not that many DSGs and even less with 4Motion hehe.

What about driving one back from Germany?!  :driver:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »
it's abit cheaper, but still insane expensive for an old car  :chicken:

Tax, import tax, TUV approval and alot more if required for to import a car

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 09:07:07 pm »
This is a quick thread update on recent maintenance work, below are two images of the turbo install on the 4motion. Not much space to get to the turbo with the transfer box and propshaft coupling in the way.

At 165k miles on the clocks, the original turbo had been sounding tired for the last 20k or so, and more so in the last couple of months. Option was a replacement turbo, either taking the car to a garage for a £1200+ bill or DIY and save a stack of money. DIY it was..

Now this is probably the worse DIY job I have had to do ever! The number of hard to get at bolts and hidden bolts/brackets was ridiculous and not forgetting the need to disconnect the propshaft first. I swear this engine must has been originally assembled by either small children or a Jedi  :smiley:

Anyway after 2 days underneath and climbing over the top of the engine, a new turbo has now been installed and it now drive like a dream again. One happy owner :)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:48:12 pm by Lhasa »

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 06:45:29 am »
@Lhasa Good job!

I have a new turbo sitting in my loft (along with S3 intercooler, IC pipe kit and complete clutch) and have been meaning to do this since last November, as I purchased the turbo on Black Friday... On the 4Motions, if you have an engine hoist it is much easier to just take the front off and remove the engine to do turbo or clutch. I'm allowing myself 2 days, but will hopefully have it done in 1, I'll let you know how it goes when I eventually get around to it, maybe I'll take some pics too. :)

Stu
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 01:16:21 pm »
@Lhasa Good job!

I have a new turbo sitting in my loft (along with S3 intercooler, IC pipe kit and complete clutch) and have been meaning to do this since last November, as I purchased the turbo on Black Friday... On the 4Motions, if you have an engine hoist it is much easier to just take the front off and remove the engine to do turbo or clutch. I'm allowing myself 2 days, but will hopefully have it done in 1, I'll let you know how it goes when I eventually get around to it, maybe I'll take some pics too. :)

Stu

Good luck with that. It took me 2 days to just to do the turbo lol

Unfortunately I do not have an engine lift, but with the engine removed a clutch change and turbo change should be a breeze  :happy2:

Offline Tdigadge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2022, 01:27:41 pm »
Old thread but I'm just doing some old thread reading having just picked up a gttdi 4motion..  Nice to see more , any one done big mods