Make a donation

Author Topic: Diary of a Candy White Edition  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Pandy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Diary of a Candy White Edition
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:02 am »
Hi folks,

I wanted to start a journal to show the progress and changes I’ll be making to mine and my better halves Edition 30. Our old Edition 30 was unfortunately written off a month ago when a stupid old git smashed into it whilst it was parked  :sad1:

So I took the train down to Great Yarmouth on Tuesday, without seeing the car first (little bit stupid really) but I didn’t fancy another 4 hour train ride home - so I paid a man some monies and left with a beauty of a Candy White 30! You’ll probably recognise it as it has been on here with a previous owner.

The car is specced up really well - Xenons, sunroof, sat nav, cruise, mirror puddle lights, folding mirrors etc etc which was exactly what we wanted. Mileage is higher than what we thought we wanted but it’s got stacks of service history and has been mostly looked after really well, so we disregarded the mileage for that.

As it stands there are quite a few jobs that I need to be getting on with the bring it to where I want it, which mostly involves taking it back to standard and cleaning everything up as best I can, then maybe go from there with some tweaks. I will say though that the bodywork (apart from the front bumper) isn’t showing it’s age at all - it’s in very good shape, and sporting a pair of fresh genuine wings which is a nice bonus!

Anyway, here are a few pics for now,  nothing much really but it’s a start - I’ll get my camera out next time!

Untitled by Andy, on Flickr

Pre-clean with silicone dash dressing and a shiny wheel  :sick:

Post-clean using Gtechniq W2 and Dr Leather wipes  :happy2:

I’ve got a few parts coming in the post so will update when more jobs get done.

Thanks for looking
Andy

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Diary of a Candy White Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:18:50 am »
Great spec. Good luck with the car and love to see the updates you do 👍🏾
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera