Make a donation

Author Topic: Guide for Mk5 GTI head unit upgrade to avoid battery drain  (Read 1829 times)

Offline ninjaGTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Guide for Mk5 GTI head unit upgrade to avoid battery drain
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:43:12 am »
Hi,
I'm a new member of this forum. I've just purchased a 2006 MK5 GTI, and would like to upgrade the head unit. However, I've not been able to locate a step by step guide to upgrade the unit to a RCD330g plus. Also what canbus version should i purchase?

If available, please direct me to the right place. I've still not been able to find a suitable guide. Thanks in advance :)
If there is not guide, could you guys show me the relevant links, I might be able to compile them into a single guide.
Regards.
Ninja
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 02:00:56 pm by ninjaGTI »
2006 MK5 GTI
Running stock
Recent Oil filter Change, Air Filter Change, Pollen Filter & Fully Synthetic oil

Offline Pashka

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Guide for Mk5 GTI head unit upgrade to avoid battery drain
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 01:58:41 pm »
Hi,
I'm a new member of this forum. I've just purchased a 2006 MK5 GTI, and would like to upgrade the head unit. However, I've not been able to locate a step by step guide to upgrade the unit to a RCD330g plus. Also what canbus version should i purchase?

If available, please direct me to the right place. I've still not been able to find a suitable guide. Thanks in advance :)
If there is not guide, could you guys show me the relevant links, I might be able to compile them into a single guide.
Regards.
Ninja
I can sell precoded 7n0 can gateway for your golf pal. Just PM me.
06 1.9 TDI Owner. Retrofits: Bixenons, Drls, Full GT/GTI exterior, RNS510+MDI+Premium Bluetooth+RVC+OPS, Full Fis, MFSW, Cruise control, TPMS, Polar Fis, Boot pop up and more.. :)
Coding, diagnostic and retrofits in Leeds
Pre coded Can Gateways for battery drain issues with RNS510 and similar headunits
Premium Bluetooth modules/kit
RNS510 Service - codes, maps/firmware updates
Latest V8 West EU maps update service for RNS315