Make a donation

Author Topic: Red Steering wheel light!! Edition 30 won’t start.  (Read 1852 times)

Adybird001

Red Steering wheel light!! Edition 30 won’t start.
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:59:09 pm »
Hi,
 I have a edition 30, 2007. It’s developed a fault where the red steering wheel light shows on the dash, the engine starts briefly then cuts out. If I leave the ignition on it will beep a few times then say air bag fault if I’m quick enough to turn the key in time it starts !!
 All dials and everything work until I accelerate then it beeps all of the dials go off the central locking goes then the dials switch on !! It then flashed up to turn engine off no oil pressure but it runs fine !!
 Took it to a garage earlier and it wouldn’t speak to there diagnostics machine. I’ve got it booked back in tomorrow.
 Anyone experienced this? I have even changed the alternator because a cheap diagnostic tool said it was that

Offline ballcrusher

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Work in progress
    • incar science
    • Email
Re: Red Steering wheel light!! Edition 30 won’t start.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:30:46 pm »
Ive had the low oil pressure warning come up and its a common issue where the gorge filter inside the sump that returns the oil back up to the top of the engine....when I drove rest of my drive home it all seemed ok but then it came up again so time for the sump off clean the filter out fresh oil and you should be ok 👌 

Adybird001

Re: Red Steering wheel light!! Edition 30 won’t start.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »
Thanks for the reply mate, turned out to be a module in the dash 🙏😎 It’s just been serviced.