Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS510 Fault  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
RNS510 Fault
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:17:33 am »
Having some issues with the RNS510 in our MK2 Seat Leon and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it. I think it’s losing connection in some way as it often asks for the code when turned on. Sometimes when we take the key out of the ignition and leave the car with the radio on, upon returning the car it doesn’t come back on with the ignition as it previously would.

Here’s what I’ve done so far
• restored factory settings (did nothing)
• removed stereo to check for damaged/loose wires. (couldn’t see anything)

scanned it for faults and came up with these
00469 Data bus Display / Infotainment in the single wire enterprise
01300 Control Module for Navigation with CD-Rom(J401)
01304 Radio

Having looked those up it does suggest that one of the CAN wires isn’t connected.Nothing has been disturbed recently that would suddenly cause a wire to break so not sure where to look other than the back of the unit which I’ve already done. The stereo was replaced 4 years ago under insurance as the original was stolen but it’s worked perfectly fine up until now. I believe it’s a revision L and also has the bluetooth module under the seat.

Anyone have any ideas on where to look next?

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: RNS510 Fault
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:38:42 pm »
I've recently saw one person complain of something similar. The cause was the CAN chips of the radio being faulty. You can check the wiring but if nothing is wrong, I'd say test the radio in a different car. If it's the CAN chips the errors will be the same. Basically your radio stopped "talking" with your car's electronics (your car's CAN gateway isn't receiving info from your radio).

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
Re: RNS510 Fault
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:09:53 pm »
Ah right, thanks for the info. I’ve got an rcd510 in the golf so will try swap them round sometime and see what happens.