Make a donation

Author Topic: 30k budget ......  (Read 17683 times)

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
30k budget ......
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:28:36 pm »
Looking at getting another car ... as above , 30k max budget . What would you buy ?

Just not gelling with the Pirelli I have . I’ve come from a long line of rear wheel drive and basically missing it . Which is a shame as my Pirelli is epic with the mods done . What’s people’s thought  :happy2:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: 30k budget ......
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 04:38:32 pm »
With £30k, you have a huge range of choices. M3 / M5 / 997 / Coxster / Maserati / AM V8 / Lotus would just be scratching the surface.

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »
Yes ... seems to be a lot about . I have my s2000 for a proper sports car experience and that will be staying ..... ironically another e92 comp pack is very appealing again .... suits my needs , but wondering if I’m missing any other such like car out ? M5 to big
Lotus similar to S2k
Aston... scared of bills !
Would love a Porsche but wife says no - apparently I’d look like a posh twat - have to agree

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 05:11:20 pm »
Spend sub 5k on converting the pierlli to AWD  :laugh:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 05:15:33 pm »
Spend sub 5k on converting the pierlli to AWD  :laugh:

Trust me I know how to waste money ... but that’s on another level :rolleye:

VW has done it for me already in the R

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »
Would love a Porsche but wife says no - apparently I’d look like a posh twat - have to agree

I don't get this - Why? Ferrari; Lambo;  Mcalaren....then yes (perhaps), but not a 997. The 911 is a timeless piece of automotive sculpture - IMO. That's what I'd go for - buy it for yourself, if you're the  main driver, sod what anyone else thinks :driver:

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »

I don't get this - Why? Ferrari; Lambo;  Mcalaren....then yes (perhaps), but not a 997. The 911 is a timeless piece of automotive sculpture - IMO. That's what I'd go for - buy it for yourself, if you're the  main driver, sod what anyone else thinks :driver:

Women ( well mine anyway ) don’t seem to get that though .... it’s a Porsche in their eyes and there does come a sort of branding of the person when one owns one ( which I don’t agree with )

I’ve always tried  to get the best model in any car I bought ... and in my eye the only 997 I’d want and be happy with is a 997.2 S , and they are well out of budget .

And also I do respect my wife’s view .... happy wife happy life  :ashamed:

I’m interested in finding a really nice e46 m3 ... low miles , mint ect .... if one of those came up I’d buy it .
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:42:46 pm by Bodyboarder81 »

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 10:33:41 pm »
A45 AMG?
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 05:19:53 am »
What part of fwd isn’t gelling, is it the traction or chassis balance?

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 07:28:39 am »

I think it’s the lack of playfulness ( read able to slide ) at low speeds . The chassis balance and traction  is very good with the ohlins / arbs/ttrs arms/wavetrack ect but that doesn’t translate to fun , at least not with me . I think I’m looking for a rear wheel drive n/a car .....

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 07:29:43 am »
A45 AMG?

Although i appreciate how capable they are ... just don’t like the styling .

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 07:46:42 am »

I think it’s the lack of playfulness ( read able to slide ) at low speeds . The chassis balance and traction  is very good with the ohlins / arbs/ttrs arms/wavetrack ect but that doesn’t translate to fun , at least not with me . I think I’m looking for a rear wheel drive n/a car .....

As a former Caterham owner, I can quite understand this and think you will need a lightweight rwd car with decent low down torque to get this level of adjustability. If you aim to keep your s2k, maybe think about a supercharger conversion? All these £30k cars will continue to depreciate whilst you mull things over. 

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 08:26:35 am »
.... yes it is another factor I have to consider . With the s2000 and Pirelli to a degree , they are holding their money , the s2k’s actually gone up quite a bit ! Would be nice to have something that’s not going to loose 3k a year .

I’ve looked into charging the S2k ... and the one I have has only 28k on and is in mint condition, can’t bring myself to do it . It’s just such a good engine standard I don’t want to mess with it ....’also it’s the best part of 10k to do it right !

Offline xjscx

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 09:06:19 am »
Ford Mustang GT.

Prices are starting to fall to under 30k now, Im thinking about one as my next car

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 09:22:26 am »
What geo settings are you using on the GTi? Quite a lot of camber from what I recall however do you have any toe out, especially at rear? Whilst you will never get power oversteer, the car can be made more agile with some toe out / stiffer rear arb or damping / stickier tyres on front v rear. Small nudges but useful all the same.