Make a donation

Author Topic: TTRS Brake Duct parts numbers  (Read 2024 times)

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
TTRS Brake Duct parts numbers
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:26:25 pm »
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum having now owned my mk5 for about six weeks.

Last week I fitted DS2500 pads and some drilled and grooved discs on the front. I have some braided lines and new fluid to do.

I was thinking of aiding the cooling of the front brakes. Does anyone know the part numbers for the TTRS brake ducts?

Ta

Offline Rayhoop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Re: TTRS Brake Duct parts numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »
I'm not sure of the part number, but I know Regal Autosport sell a version for £30.

http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/8V-RS3-Audi-Sport-Brake-Ducts-MQB-platform.html

I'm in two minds whether to go with this simple duct or to fit ducts in the fog light grills and run a hose to a welded mount on the back of the dust shield (cut out with pipe/mount welded).  The latter being a fair bit more work than a plastic part cable tied to the wishbone, but potentially more effective.
Ed30 #1185

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:03:21 pm »
That's brilliant, thanks.

I've thought about using the fog light aperture but am worried that when it rains you might end up spray your discs with water.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:26:59 pm »
I've shared this info in my build for alloy front arms following what was shared in another topic about this. Use search, you'll find lots of good info. ;)

I'm not sure if the kit shared by Rauhoop is compatible with the mk5... It states MQB chassis.