Make a donation

Author Topic: Unusual fan activity..  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Hryszko

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Unusual fan activity..
« on: May 04, 2018, 09:24:56 am »
Had my GTi for a week now, love it to bits.. really happy with it.

However, I have noticed that the fan comes on quite a lot and it comes on when the car hasn't even particularly been running THAT long?

Is this quite normal or is there something not right, it comes on for a minute or so.. then goes off, and I appreciate it sounds like its just regulating the temperature that the engine is at, but in every car i've owned the fan has very rarely ever come on?

Thanks guys.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Unusual fan activity..
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:41:12 am »

However, I have noticed that the fan comes on quite a lot and it comes on when the car hasn't even particularly been running THAT long?

Is this quite normal or is there something not right, it comes on for a minute or so.. then goes off, and I appreciate it sounds like its just regulating the temperature that the engine is at, but in every car i've owned the fan has very rarely ever come on?

Thanks guys.

Does it sound loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline Hryszko

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 05:06:30 pm »

Thanks guys.

Does it sound loud?

Its not like oh my god thats loud, but its definitely on & its definitely louder than any other car ive owned.

It seems to come on even when the car isnt warm, so its not overheating...

For example earlier it had been parked up for 4 hours, then i start it up and almost straight away the fan comes on...

Drove it home and nearly the whole way home it was on, but the temp gauge never moves from the middle when the car is warm. Any ideas?

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 11:03:34 am »

Thanks guys.

Does it sound loud?

Its not like oh my god thats loud, but its definitely on & its definitely louder than any other car ive owned.

It seems to come on even when the car isnt warm, so its not overheating...

For example earlier it had been parked up for 4 hours, then i start it up and almost straight away the fan comes on...

Drove it home and nearly the whole way home it was on, but the temp gauge never moves from the middle when the car is warm. Any ideas?

You may want to see if both fans are running, I had a similar issue where one fan stopped working and the one working fan would just come on all the time even when cold.

MK5 ED30

Offline 99hagued

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 04:14:49 pm »
U haven’t got your ac on have u?