Make a donation

Author Topic: TV / Aerial Problem  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
TV / Aerial Problem
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:10:55 pm »
Any experts on this please?

We have good signal strength 95 - 100%, but on some channels the bit rate is quite high and we get pixelating. I have by-passed a splitter (so just one on to one connection now) and that has improved it but still have this problem. Any thoughts pls? we are served by a repeater transmitter in Westbourne, but the main transmitter is Isle of Wight, but because of our location, in a dip, we have to use the Westbourne one, with fewer channels on freeview

Cheers

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: TV / Aerial Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:51:02 am »
We have recently had similar problems arising from Freeview changing the channels used from their local transmitter. Basically the +1 HD programmes were shunted off to a different frequency for which the reception in our area is marginal. The TV guy has bypassed the splitter / fitted a new aerial / checked everything over and whilst the channels now all show up after retuning, some pixelation remains.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: TV / Aerial Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:39:22 am »
We have recently had similar problems arising from Freeview changing the channels used from their local transmitter. Basically the +1 HD programmes were shunted off to a different frequency for which the reception in our area is marginal. The TV guy has bypassed the splitter / fitted a new aerial / checked everything over and whilst the channels now all show up after retuning, some pixelation remains.

Thanks for sharing that. My concern is that we could do pretty much the same, but still end up with the pixelation. Some days it's fine; other days it's not, and seems worse in the mornings (?). It used to be ok, even though we are in a poor reception spot, but started a few days before the recent re-tune messages.

I might try an amplifier thingy up in the loft (aerial is on roof) to see if that improves things on the run to the TV aerial socket. I've also tried a tv in different room aerial sockets to rule out a bad connection in the lounge, but they are all the same....

Thanks for the info