Make a donation

Author Topic: High power ed30  (Read 1555 times)

Offline shaft69

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
High power ed30
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
Looking to get either ed30 or Pirelli edition with dsg looking to tune it to around 350ish more later with hybrid k04 I already have. My question is traction built mk4 with gtx2871r stroked to 2.0lt running 385hp traction in dry was awful if pushed from 1st to 4th gear just wheel spin. What mk5 like running 350 with dsg??

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
Re: High power ed30
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 08:49:29 pm »
I’d sell the hybrid ... a edition 30 / pirelli dsg with a genuine 350bhp will be massively traction limited .. use the money from the turbo on suspension/diff/good Tyres ect .... it will end up being a quicker car .

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: High power ed30
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:45:41 pm »
You'll get so much more power down in a 350bhp mk5 compared to a 350bhp mk4. The chassis and suspension on the mk5 are a complete redesign. Much better.

That said, anything north of 350 bhp & lb/ft will still be getting close to the mk5's comfort zone if it's not driven gingerly at certain points. There's plenty you can do to get around that in terms of upgrades though. LSD, sticky tires, coilovers, bushes, mounts etc. Also you might be able to get it mapped to limit torque in the first two gears.

Personally I'd go stage 2+ on the standard k04 - so around 350bhp. See how you find the power delivery. Then do some serious thinking about those chassis mods. Get the car to a point where it copes as well as it can in terms of traction with the standard turbo. Then if you want more power you'll be ready. Might need a couple of extra mods for the hybrid, like a TTRS low pressure pump, and obviously another map, but you'll be pretty much good to go.

I wouldn't be tempted to stick the hybrid straight on until you'd nailed the handling/grip side of things.