Make a donation

Author Topic: new member post  (Read 1973 times)

Offline rcrisp11

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
new member post
« on: May 12, 2018, 01:42:14 pm »
Hi guys,

Got my MKV GTi back in August 2017 and I'm thinking about making some mods to it, so figured this would be a good place to start.  :smiley:

I've got big plans for this car as I've wanted one for a long time, so expect to see several posts from me looking for parts/recommendations etc. over the next few weeks, months, years haha.

I'll keep this relatively short so as not to bore you all, but if you'd like to know more about me or the car then please get in touch as I want to start getting involved in shows, meets, and the community in general once things start coming together.

That's all for now.

Ryan

suffolkgti

Re: new member post
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:25:19 pm »
 :happy2: hello ryan im a newbie to hello

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:37:30 pm »
Welcome Guys

So what are your big plans? big brake kit and silly big turbo then a trip to R-Tech for some wizardry  :happy2:
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Black Vienna Leather Interior
19" Pretoria Alloy Wheels
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline rcrisp11

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 09:53:54 pm »
Hey guys!

Yeah, Brembo’s are definitely on the wishlist! And I’ll probably be heading to Revo at some point in the near future too... But I’m thinking just a few basic upgrades first to satisfy my cravings: Milltek exhaust, ITG intake, maybe a few cosmetic mods for now. Then you’ll have to wait and see! :wink:

The car is a blank canvas atm (I managed to pick up a bone stock GTi with only 5,000 miles on the clock back in August! I couldn’t believe my luck!) so I’m just trying to realise some of it’s potential. Any tips?

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:56:46 pm »
5k only  :surprised: if you dont mind me asking what did that set you back??

Pictures would be ace.

You sound like you have a good idea at getting more power but if its only on 5k keep it looking stock and just get a remap and make it sparkle and take it to shows with that sort of mileage it must be in awesome condition (unless it meet a tree at a year old and just got rebuilt haha) and i am sure people would like to see it shown off i know i would, 5k and i thought i was doing well at 70k on a 2005 car :signLOL:
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline rcrisp11

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:31:08 am »
I paid 10.5k for the car, which I thought was pretty reasonable considering the ones I was looking at around the 40-50,000 mile mark were around 7-8k for good condition. Tbh, the offer (i.e. a car with such low mileage) was too good to turn down!

It’s only had one previous owner, an old guy who was driving it around 500 miles a year! I was sceptical at first, but MOT history all checked out so it’s more or less ‘factory fresh’. :drool: Although it will probably need some basic maintenance as it is a 10 year old car.

I’ll try and upload some pics on the weekend, but it’s my daily, so may need to give it a clean first to look presentable haha.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 10:32:42 am »
Tbh I think anything other than subtle OEM+ mods will harm the resale prospects of your car. A remap and decent tyres / bushes / brake pads etc should sharpen up the driving experience quite nicely.

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 04:07:18 pm »
Tbh I think anything other than subtle OEM+ mods will harm the resale prospects of your car. A remap and decent tyres / bushes / brake pads etc should sharpen up the driving experience quite nicely.

Couldn't agree more a trip to TPS to get everything working lovely a remap to give you more driveability and just any oem extras it might be without and you will have one hell of a car.

I paid just under half what you did and got mine at just under 60k with a warranty wish i had that sort of cash and found one with so little milage.

looking forward to seeing some photos :drinking:
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline rcrisp11

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 09:29:36 pm »
Yep, that’s all more or less what I was going to do anyway. But thanks for your responses guys! I hope the rest of the community will appreciate my pride and joy as much as you. :smiley:

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:15 pm »
haha nice get a build thred going i would love to see you do this 5k mk5.

I bet everything is where it should be and every single bit of trim lines up as it should "Dribbles"

2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control