Make a donation

Author Topic: Induction kit  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Dij303

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Induction kit
« on: May 12, 2018, 06:10:40 pm »
Hi can anyone recommend an induction kit for my MK5 GTI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Induction kit
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:13 pm »
It depends on what you want to do with your mk5 gti -

Money you want to spend?
Do you want one brand new or dont mind?
Remap 1 / 2 / 3 or Stock?
Bothered about how it looks?
Do you want an open (Air taken from inside the engine bay) for lots of noise or a closed (Air taken from outside the car through you grills)

I have just got myself a Forge TwinTake today for £190 Bargain (of a really sound guy with a lovely black 3door Mk5 GTI)
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Black Vienna Leather Interior
19" Pretoria Alloy Wheels
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline Dij303

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:49:57 am »
It depends on what you want to do with your mk5 gti -

Money you want to spend?
Do you want one brand new or dont mind?
Remap 1 / 2 / 3 or Stock?
Bothered about how it looks?
Do you want an open (Air taken from inside the engine bay) for lots of noise or a closed (Air taken from outside the car through you grills)

I have just got myself a Forge TwinTake today for £190 Bargain (of a really sound guy with a lovely black 3door Mk5 GTI)

I’d say around 150-200, would prefer new, not too fussed how it looks (although black / black and red would match the car) No remap yet. Going for sound and performance so open air intake. Just reading up on the Pipercross Venom for £155 was £200 DC performance website..

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:17 am »
People seam to like the ram air filters they do a normal one for around £150 and an oversized one for around £180. I was going to get one myself until the TWINtake came up for an extra £20/30. Alot of good reviews for them, you should get the induction sound and after a remap an extra bit of performance.

The Pipercross Venom intake is more a universal fit and not really any good their panel filters are not bad.

Dont forget your cam follower and dv if your running the old rev G one that the rubber splits. the GFB DV+ gives a lovely sound and with a ram air i am sure you will be happy with the sounds.
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline Dij303

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:20:55 am »
People seam to like the ram air filters they do a normal one for around £150 and an oversized one for around £180. I was going to get one myself until the TWINtake came up for an extra £20/30. Alot of good reviews for them, you should get the induction sound and after a remap an extra bit of performance.

The Pipercross Venom intake is more a universal fit and not really any good their panel filters are not bad.

Dont forget your cam follower and dv if your running the old rev G one that the rubber splits. the GFB DV+ gives a lovely sound and with a ram air i am sure you will be happy with the sounds.

Thanks for the advice, I’m not sure what you mean by Cam follower / DV / old rev G though? I’m assuming you mean the stock induction on the GTI?

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:20:59 pm »
cam follower

dv (Diverter valve)
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline Dij303

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:19:25 pm »
cam follower

dv (Diverter valve)

Offline Chesto18

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 09:33:15 pm »
Just a quick one on the DV, if there’s no history of this being done, change it ASAP.

I just bought my first mk5, and I knew it was down on power having owned fairly quick cars in the past. It didn’t feel like it had any boost.

Changed the DV (which was torn to shreds) and now it flies, you can feel the turbo boost whereas before it felt NA. I reckon it was at least 40/50 bhp down on power.

The guy who owned the car before me had it for around a year, must have never driven it with it’s full power. Must be countless mk5 owners out there like him.

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 09:59:54 pm »
Just a quick one on the DV, if there’s no history of this being done, change it ASAP.

I just bought my first mk5, and I knew it was down on power having owned fairly quick cars in the past. It didn’t feel like it had any boost.

Changed the DV (which was torn to shreds) and now it flies, you can feel the turbo boost whereas before it felt NA. I reckon it was at least 40/50 bhp down on power.

The guy who owned the car before me had it for around a year, must have never driven it with it’s full power. Must be countless mk5 owners out there like him.

When i got my mk5 gti and put a GFB DV+ in the week i got the car it was funny how many of the same stock mk5 gti's were slower and at the time mine was bone stock other than the GFB DV+  :signLOL: :signLOL:
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control