Make a donation

Author Topic: new member Golf GT  (Read 854 times)

chris2018

new member Golf GT
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:45:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I thought i'd introduce myself Im chris from Scotland  and as 1st time VW owner i have just started off with Golf 2004 Mk5 2.0 FSI GT DSG Sorry its not GTI  but this seem to the most active MK5 UK Site about.

Cant seem to find a lot of info about 2004 GT’s online was this bad model or did the Price vs the GTI just make it not so popular?

Had it week now and i am now VW convert.  Have to say the DSG one the best Auto boxes i have ever used its so smooth far better than any mercedes box i would of said that was my one of my favs.

Had few Mercedes C Class , Rovers , Vauxhalls, Honda and last car is Mazda 6 TS2 all have been Automatics   you could say i have been a fan of standard executive cars for years its easy to find a Automatic in big cars and i only can drive a auto so had some slim picking in times of need...

To the CAR
2004 MK 5 2.0 FSI Golf GT DSG
91k miles, full VW Service history same VW dealer in Milton Keynes have been checking on line with “MY VW” and this backs the book up so look like one true owner.   Car has been serviced and MOT at VW MK  every year done less then 10K at each point so its been cared for.

Got it for less than 2K so seem a deal to me.
Was looking at 2006 skoda octavia 2.0 fsi for around the same price i said Golf would be more FUN.

Has a few cosmetic issues but in good order for it age.

Back lights mist up one had bit of water in. (car was cleaned to within a inch of its life before pick up so will keep a eye on that )
Few small scraps on bumpers, alloys are ok but not grate a few marks but no major damage.

Its Spec that got me not sure how much of this is standard but why not go for GTI it might have been a cheaper option at the time?
DSG (I guess that was not a cheap Add-on  to start with)
Cruise control
Duel Climate control
Rain sensors on wipers
Automatic lights
Auto Dimming Mirror
6 CD changer (Centre Consol)  +1 in dashboard  ?

Small niggles i have found so far

Cup holder missing the divider have looked on ebay am i right its bottle opener (is this some Golf Joke i do not know about but who need to open a beer in a Golf ?) Have ordered one anyway hoping it help hold a can of red bull..

Who add a 6 CD Changer but no controls on the wheel WHY DO THAT!!!
but other then that i love it
Will get some pics up if new member forum access will let me.