Make a donation

Author Topic: Warranty on warranty  (Read 1236 times)

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Warranty on warranty
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:37:42 am »
a Lot of posts recently about the front wing warranty however this is a little different. Got the front wings replaced in January this year and on the drivers side wing I noticed yesterday the paint is beginning to peel off already, no rust just peeling off right in the middle of the wing. Before I ring and complain tomorrow anyone know if the newly replaced wing comes with any sort of warranty or guarantee? The old wing which had slight rust looked better than the new one does now  :signLOL:

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Warranty on warranty
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:39:38 pm »
a Lot of posts recently about the front wing warranty however this is a little different. Got the front wings replaced in January this year and on the drivers side wing I noticed yesterday the paint is beginning to peel off already, no rust just peeling off right in the middle of the wing. Before I ring and complain tomorrow anyone know if the newly replaced wing comes with any sort of warranty or guarantee? The old wing which had slight rust looked better than the new one does now  :signLOL:

The paint should have warranty and to me it sounds like poor Quality workmanship. Take back is what I would doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
IIRC VW UK give a 2 year warranty on their paintwork. Not sure if you had the work done through them or elsewhere however it sounds like a poor job which needs to be redone. If you paid by credit card then you should have a bit more leverage.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:20:31 am »
Think the place that replaced my wing under warranty mentioned there was a 3 year warranty on the new paint.
So if it's 2 or 3 year I'd go back to them.

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »
Had mine done 3 years ago and the paint is still perfect, so yours was definitely a shoddy job!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 03:48:56 pm »
Had a look on VW's site and the warranty on repairs is 1 year or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, so you definitely have a case for it to be redone.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:06:14 pm »
Cheers for the replies. Haven’t had a chance to ring them yet with work but I’ll try get round to it tomorrow. Cars only done 2k miles in 6 months so there shouldn’t be an issue you would think.