Make a donation

Author Topic: 12 Year warranty or not? - VW Hq will answer  (Read 5051 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: 12 Year warranty or not? - VW Hq will answer
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 06:09:51 pm »
Thanks for your efforts mate  :happy2:

Now this is all well and good but and this is a big BUT... the 12year warranty it only covers the smooth parts ie the bonnet middle of the wing where it is smooth if its on a fold its a no no. WHAT REALLY!!!!!

Yes really, I'm afraid.  It's why they won't replace rotted sills because it falls under their 'edge and fold' get out clause.  They know the edges and folds are vulnerable to stone chips and dirt traps, but do they make that clear at the time of purchase?  Of course not! 

All car makers are the same.  Experts in disguising the truth and hire the best lawyers to come up with wording that tricks people into thinking the whole car is covered for 12 years, when it isn't.  Absolute shady barstewardss.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 06:43:54 pm »
Yes shady, another way they can get out is due to not covering water ingress and corrosion as it says here in some of the terms and conditions. This is part of the original Mk5 warranty.

They only cover perforation rusting the tight twats.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:45:31 pm by GitFlog »
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Black Vienna Leather Interior
19" Pretoria Alloy Wheels
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline Shiz94

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »
I got this today after contacting VW UK HQ  if it helps

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

The 12 year Body Protection Warranty is applicable to corrosion which works its way from the inside to the outside of the vehicle. Any corrosion which has been caused as a result of external influences such as accident damage or stone chips is excluded from this warranty.

If you are not satisfied with our final decision and would like to seek further advice then you would need to contact PVWI who are the only independent company we would accept reports from. PVWI are the professionals’ choice to inspect and report on all paint problems on painted cars and road vehicles.

They inspect, analyse, and produce professionally written reports detailing the paint defects, probable causes of the paint defect and possible rectification procedure associated with vehicle paint problems. PVWI has more than 17 years in business, more than 25 thousand vehicles have been inspected on behalf of motor manufacturers, consumer associations, insurance companies, legal representatives and the general public. PVWI are independent paint experts who provide confidential reporting on car paint and road vehicle paint defects.

PVWI’s website: http://www.pvwi2010.co.uk/
Contact telephone: 07562 117167
Email: office@pvwi2010.co.uk

I hope this information proves useful. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards

4ndy

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 05:07:08 pm »
Bloody sponge inside the wings should either never been installed or wrapped in plastic as FORD have been doing for years

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

The 12 year Body Protection Warranty is applicable to corrosion which works its way from the inside to the outside of the vehicle. Any corrosion which has been caused as a result of external influences such as accident damage or stone chips is excluded from this warranty.

If you are not satisfied with our final decision and would like to seek further advice then you would need to contact PVWI who are the only independent company we would accept reports from. PVWI are the professionals’ choice to inspect and report on all paint problems on painted cars and road vehicles.

They inspect, analyse, and produce professionally written reports detailing the paint defects, probable causes of the paint defect and possible rectification procedure associated with vehicle paint problems. PVWI has more than 17 years in business, more than 25 thousand vehicles have been inspected on behalf of motor manufacturers, consumer associations, insurance companies, legal representatives and the general public. PVWI are independent paint experts who provide confidential reporting on car paint and road vehicle paint defects.

I hope this information proves useful. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Kind regards

Contacting them you will always receive the same sort of email copy and paste, not until you delve deeper into this do you find out the full terms. I had a meeting with them and found out what they were its not as simple as they have made out to you. The only reason to why so many cars got fixed is because VW had a scheme for the front wings it wasent because they were covered by the 12 year warranty it was because they realised there was a problem with the  the car when built and started the scheme that ended last new year.

With enough pushing and shoving and legal help you can get them to do this but not without a fight.

If you think you can get them to sort my wings out come give it a go when my car was 11 years old i was turned away as VW didnt give a single sh*t and stone walled me.

How much do you charge for your service or do you get the cost from VW
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 08:31:13 am »
Basically what I've found out since February then.

Called in Feb as my 2006 was registered in June of that year so thought I'd see if I could claim for both wings going. Told me to come down, they took paint readings etc and sent off the claim. Didn't hear anything even after chasing almost weekly until this week when they said they wouldn't honour the warranty because of it being a folded part.

So why go to the bother of paint readings and making me drive down there and back? No, even they couldn't answer that despite knowing the age of the car before I brought it in.

I could chase it up with them but to be honest, my dealings with Huddersfield VW have left me thinking I'd rather shove my head in a toilet so I'm just going to get them sorted myself for the sake of a couple of hundred quid. Although the car will be going nowhere near VW main dealers ever again and neither will be T5.

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 11:43:30 am »

Called in Feb as my 2006 was registered in June of that year so thought I'd see if I could claim for both wings going. Told me to come down, they took paint readings etc and sent off the claim. Didn't hear anything even after chasing almost weekly until this week when they said they wouldn't honour the warranty because of it being a folded part.

So why go to the bother of paint readings and making me drive down there and back? No, even they couldn't answer that despite knowing the age of the car before I brought it in.

I could chase it up with them but to be honest, my dealings with Huddersfield VW have left me thinking I'd rather shove my head in a toilet so I'm just going to get them sorted myself for the sake of a couple of hundred quid. Although the car will be going nowhere near VW main dealers ever again and neither will be T5.

Its a real annoyance and down to the dealer if they want to push Vw to do the claim, the VW dealer will have to pay about 30% towards the claim so about £300 and they wont even blend the wings just replace and paint.

Its a real shame that VW stopped the scheme at the end of last year as it would of been so much easier for you.

I will still be useing my local VW dealer Pullman as they were awesome with me helping me when ever they could even though i have never used them before as i have only just moved back here. Its a real shame all VW dealers are not this good.
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 08:00:06 am »

Its a real annoyance and down to the dealer if they want to push Vw to do the claim, the VW dealer will have to pay about 30% towards the claim so about £300 and they wont even blend the wings just replace and paint.

Its a real shame that VW stopped the scheme at the end of last year as it would of been so much easier for you.

I will still be useing my local VW dealer Pullman as they were awesome with me helping me when ever they could even though i have never used them before as i have only just moved back here. Its a real shame all VW dealers are not this good.

They did both my wings and blended them in.
Told be they would have to blend them in and not even paint them without car first, as it is a metallic blue colour and would look terrible if not right.  Had the car a full week and had a courtesy car too. :D
VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 11:17:20 am »
Thats awesome dude, the blending is down to the dealer and if they pay the extra. You have a decent dealer to do that for you good stuff.
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »

Kind regards

If a panel is holed through, how do they know it was an internal or external source after the fact?  Short of shoving cameras in every box section and cavity and monitoring them for 10 years, it's impossible to prove either way, and boy do they know that.

Nothing ever changes.  Most warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on.  As consumers we just have to accept steel boxes are going to rust and move on with our lives.  Well, the zinc coating is a sacrificial layer anyway and won't last indefinitely.  Leasing is becoming more attractive as each year passes in all honesty, when as enthusiasts we have to suffer bullsh*t warranties, rust, and ever increasing parts prices.  Cars are throw away now and if we can't beat them, I guess we have to join them and get a new one every 2 years.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 06:20:44 pm »
Yep its complete bullsh*te now with cars, i am thinking i might just get one of the new mk8 gti or r when they come out on a lease deal for 3 years then buy or upgrade like my parents have with a mk7 on the 12k mileage a year deal. at least i can rag the sh*t out of it and not worry about it in 5/10 years time. I will look after it in the sense i will wash it with a brick every month like the VW dealer wash that is haha.

Might as well use and abuse VW wherever possible
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline Sutaka

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 12:55:09 am »
So I took my 2007 Edition 30 to Towcester VW back at the beginning of the year, had the usual paint reading and pictures taken. At the time it was only my passenger side wing showing signs of rust from the inside on the paintwork (drivers side has rust on the inside that hadn’t yet come through to the paint) and after about two weeks they agreed to replace it. The work was done by Castle Coachworks in Northampton and I’m pleased with the job they did and the way Towcester VW handled it. The warranty chap said that as long as the drivers side wing showed signs of rust within the 12 year warranty he would help put a claim for that one. This was done back in February so presumably fell under these new guidelines?