Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG - Slight (possible) Issues?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Hryszko

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
DSG - Slight (possible) Issues?
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:15:56 am »
Hi guys,

Had my DSG for a couple of months now, really really loving it. It's had very regular services including the DSG which has been serviced 3 times in 98k miles.

When i first got the car it was holding its gears a bit too long, i had the engine serviced & had the gearbox software reset by VAG com and i've not had any issues with that at all since then.

My slight issue at the moment is when i'm on a hill, let off the brake to accelerate and the car rolls back a little bit before engaging the gear and going forwards, it's the same when i'm on a slight hill and want to reverse up the hill, it rolls forwards slightly.

It's not a major major issue, but it is something I am starting to notice. My old BMW M135i (14 plate) wouldn't ever roll back, now i know that's a completely different kettle of fish but i'm just wondering if it's normal for my 56 plate DSG.

Offline akispap

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: DSG - Slight (possible) Issues?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:41:01 am »
It doesn't do it to me, so maybe something is starting to wear out? Maybe try to do the basic settings again see if that fixes anything?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: DSG - Slight (possible) Issues?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:00 pm »
The DSG does not have hill hold, so will always roll downwards.  Use your handbrake!
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~