Make a donation

Author Topic: Suspension noises  (Read 931 times)

Offline Patters78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Suspension noises
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:21:19 am »
Hi guys

From my last thread some might know that I have a 2006 Jetta that has been left sitting for a year it’s on the round now perhaps done 100 miles.

I have recently changed

Drivers side outside cv boot
Discs and pads front
Battery
Starter
Inlet manifold flap
Glowplugs

Now I’m getting 2 noises coming front the front the first has been with the car before it was left to sit the second has come about since I’ve done the work/or I believe since it has been drove a bit. Anyway problems

1# right turn I get a knocking only on right turn I thought it was cv but it don’t seem to be the same sound it’s more a dull knock rather than googled noise for cv going bad that sounds more like when u put a peg and card on your bike wheels as a kid?

2# now this wasn’t present when driving a few days ago but when driving I was only doing around 2-3 miles around my street as it wasn’t taxed/mot’d,  it is now and has done loads more trip and been over bumps etc.. anyway at low speed I seem to get a loud clunk when going forward/reversing that you can feel on the Pedal and on footwell only seems to me to happen when the wieght is being shifted so going forward and braking makes it happen.  High speed nothing brake hard to stop nothing but once you pull away the clunk
Seems also to be random sometimes it happens but only happens in them situations tried up/down curb pot holes nothing? Top mount?

I know these question are hard to answer as no one is hearing them