Make a donation

Author Topic: Random thoughts whilst stood in a Tesco queue....  (Read 2162 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Random thoughts whilst stood in a Tesco queue....
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:45:36 pm »
Today's thoughts....

In 18 months it will be 2020.  The last time that happened was 1919.

In May 2022 my Edition 30 will no longer be eligible for VW's fixed price servicing.

Why are they still paying people to sit at a till when self service is the thing now?  I only went to a manned till because I had booze and couldn't be arsed with the age verification faffing around.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

4ndy

Re: Random thoughts whilst stood in a Tesco queue....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:26:51 pm »
Home delivery is the way forward  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=spig1uquvfdub3rsgirf9nskd0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
"Should have gone to Waitrose"

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:04:50 pm »
I tried home delivery once and got some pretty sorry looking fruit and veg!  I prefer to pick it myself now!

Waitrose means sitting in traffic for 30 minutes.   They do epic sausages and burgers though.

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:44:59 pm »
I tried home delivery once and got some pretty sorry looking fruit and veg!  I prefer to pick it myself now!

Waitrose means sitting in traffic for 30 minutes.   They do epic sausages and burgers though.

I sh*t you not my friend got asda home delivery and they subsituted ice cream for bloody face cream....... it was a hot day as well what twonks.

I love waitrose for the fact the food is really good a bit pricy but also because the workers are treat really well by the company and they get a % in the company .

Plus the sour dough is lush  :jumpmove: :rolleye:
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Black Vienna Leather Interior
19" Pretoria Alloy Wheels
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline SpudGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:47:34 pm »
Haha domt get me started with asda home.delivery this end all i can say is what a waste of blooming time we are better off jumping in the Gti and flying down there in style ;)

The AMOUNT FOR SUBS!!!!!! you would have thought the shop was empty!!!!!!!!

We always get stuff thats 1 day off sale by date even had a loaf of bread that was 1 day over sale date and mouldy soon went down there and got 2 loafs for free mind ;) good old memtioning trading standards hehe plus have a good old chat with security chap about me GTI whilst there :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:39 pm »

I sh*t you not my friend got asda home delivery and they subsituted ice cream for bloody face cream....... it was a hot day as well what twonks.

I love waitrose for the fact the food is really good a bit pricy but also because the workers are treat really well by the company and they get a % in the company .

Plus the sour dough is lush  :jumpmove: :rolleye:

:grin:

I did used to get Waitrose deliveries when I lived in the sticks (think it was Ocado back then) and they substituted their own brand Ice cream for Ben & Jerrys which was a result  :smiley:

Yeah the John Lewis group are great to work for from what I hear.   Get what you pay for, love JL and Waitrose stuff  :happy2:

Offline kam760

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • On the search for an edition 30.
  • My Ride: On the search for one...
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 11:21:30 pm »
Never able to get into home delivery . Gives me a headache scrolling through all the thousands of items.