Make a donation

Author Topic: More Turbo>Intercooler Oil leaks  (Read 8237 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: More Turbo>Intercooler Oil leaks
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 02:10:49 pm »
What a mess!  Please do let us know what that mystery item is and how it got there!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:54 pm »
Quick update. the object is not what I initially thought it was.

It turns out its the bolt from the lower cam cover. The top bolt sits inside the cover. Unfortunately, it has come loose somehow and dropped into Cambelt. Its made a hole in the Oil sealing flange, which is where the oil was coming from.

I've got all the parts to fix it on order. Luckily not expensive, as I manage to get another sealing flange on ebay for £40, I guess that would of been the most expensive part to buy new. I'm getting new crankshaft seals and washers. The lower crank pulley gear has some broken teeth, got one of those from ebay for £10

I'll drop the sump and check for debris in there, which I've been meaning to do for awhile anyway to clean the strainer.

I'll be putting some thread lock on that bolt when it goes back together! So it's worth checking if you ever have your top cam cover lids off
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 06:19:54 am »
 :drinking:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 08:52:20 am »
My car is still off the road, as I've been so busy with other things (went to BugJam for the day which was fun) but hopefully this week she'll be running again. I'm taking my time over things.

I've got all the parts I need now. Managed to get the sump off last night. I used a 1/4inch flexible extension to get the two awkward bolts, dealt with them very easily, I'd recommend using one instead of the ball head Allen key.

I also fitted my new Intercooler/throttle hardpipes and replaced the horrible VW spring clips with stainless steel jubilee clips.

So tonight things can start going back together. I have to clean and re-fit the sump and strainer. Put the new flange seal on.

Does anyone know the torque settings for

-Oil Pan Bolts
-Big Gearbox->Oil Pan Bolts
-Flange seal Bolts
-crankshaft bolt (I think its 90nm+1/4)

Thanks

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 04:10:28 am »
I have this...you should find the torque needed in there. https://blogvager.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/10-audi_a3_qsb_web.pdf
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 12:46:00 pm »
Finally got my car back on the road yesterday!

All seems fine, apart from my oil level sensor is not working. Hopefully, I forgot to plug it back in and didn't damage it cleaning out the sump, otherwise, the oils got to come out again to replace it.

I've got loads of new bits on there now.

Timing belt, water pump, oil and filter, Aux belt, Aux belt tensioner, Flange seal, Crankcase oil seal, My muffler delete with hard pipes, fresh coolant. Clean oil sump and pickup, so hopefully I'm going to be all good now.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 06:21:08 pm »
 :drinking: