Make a donation

Author Topic: Limp mode after remap  (Read 822 times)

shaw85

Limp mode after remap
« on: July 06, 2018, 08:36:34 am »
Hi,

I recently had my car remapped by a local company. They have a rolling road set up and told me they take logs from the car and send them to their partner who create the map. I believe the partner they work with are https://hitechperformance.co.uk/.

Since having the remap 2 weeks ago, on two occasions of the morning commute the car has gone into limp mode under very normal driving. I have no engine management lights or any indication anything is wrong other than the loss of power. It feels like someone has taken the turbo off the car. On both occasions I have pulled over and restarted the car and all was well again.

The company has run VCDS scan over the car and the only thing the picked up was an issue with my air con and a message which I think had the code P1850 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ECU

I was hoping to get some advice. Today they were planning on putting the car on the rollers and sending the output to the mapping partner.

I dont know whether to just get the map removed or let them carry on trying to diagnose. I do have a print out from the dyno but unfortunately don't have it with me at the moment. I was a smooth curve and peak torque was 475NM and HP was 238

Any advice would be appreciated. I have been reading this forum for a few year and am aware of the ratedr tuning companies such as r-tech and the likes of APR and REVO. I just thought that these guys sounded good as they had a rolling road and actually wrote a custom map.

Thanks