Make a donation

Author Topic: Cabin vibration  (Read 1571 times)

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Cabin vibration
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:52:01 pm »
Hi all wondering if someone could help me. I keep noticing a vibration running through the cabin when I’m at cruising speeds of 70+ mph. I’m not 100% sure this began as I only use the car at weekends as I have a company vehicle. But it’s been within the last two months. Car is mk5 gti bwa totally standard all round. I had a look around the other week and noticed a broken rear spring and after changing it I thought that might cure it but no joy.

Haven’t had any suspension work recently that may have caused this bar the two rear springs. But as I said the vibration was before this anyway. All tyre pressures are spot on all tyres have been checked and are practically brand new all wheels have been checked and torqued correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

willni

Re: Cabin vibration
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:47 pm »
Have you tried getting the wheels balanced and aligned?

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:14:43 pm »

No mate I haven’t good point probs something I should have checked before you mentioned it. I’ve noticed your from NI as am I. Anywhere you could recommend?

willni

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:21:46 pm »

No mate I haven’t good point probs something I should have checked before you mentioned it. I’ve noticed your from NI as am I. Anywhere you could recommend?

Well I'm going to see if Central Tyre's on Ormeau Road is open tomorrow, as I need my alignment done. A lot of people swear by James for alignment especially the evo and subaru guys, just changed tyres for me in the past so that's my only experience with them. But depends where abouts you're from really.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:37:49 pm by willni »

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:31:39 pm »

Well I'm going to see if Central Tyre's on Ormeau Road is open tomorrow, as I need my alignment done. A lot of people swear by James for alignment especially the evo and subaru guys, just changed tyres for me in the past so that's my only experience with them. But depends where abouts you're from really.

I’m only approx 15miles outside Belfast. Let me know how you get on and I’ll maybe give them a shot next weekend.

willni

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 06:06:41 pm »

I’m only approx 15miles outside Belfast. Let me know how you get on and I’ll maybe give them a shot next weekend.

Ended up going to Ivan Kerr in Carrickfergus, extra 20 minute drive for me buy they got it perfect and are very friendly and know their cars.