Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0TDI pd140 BKD engine inlet pipe to ASV o-ring  (Read 3012 times)

bhkeith

2.0TDI pd140 BKD engine inlet pipe to ASV o-ring
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:47:44 pm »
Hi all,

First post here, wondering if anyone could help me confirm what size/part number o-ring I need for a mk5 Golf 2.0Tdi pd140 BKD engine code. It's the o-ring sealing the boost pipe to ASV/inlet manifold coming from the intercooler outlet. I can attempt to link a picture if needs be.

So far I have been pointed towards part number 3c0 145 117f which is a 57.85mm diameter o-ring and 1j0 145 769g horse shoe clip if that is not as tightly fitting as it should be also. I want to confirm before ordering as there is also a larger 61.9mm o-ring with part number 3c0 145 117h

Is it best to look for a green viton or similar oil/fuel resistant rubber which should last longer with slight oil blow by?

Are there any mods such as heat shrink/self immalg over this connection that anyone has done as it's the only weakpoint left as the rest is now hardpipe, silicon hoses and power clamps.

Thanks in advance!

Offline theminty1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: 2.0TDI pd140 BKD engine inlet pipe to ASV o-ring
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 08:08:00 pm »
Dont know if it helps but my bkd leaked like a sieve at both hoses. Went to VW and got new seals(i think they were green) still didnt work infact the intercooler hose on the right looking into the enginebay blew off. Nice. Bought two new hoses came with everything you need and now all dry for probably 2yrs now. My advice just go to vw they are not expensive (the seals that is) the hoses are quite pricey
140 BKD GT TDi  5dr

bhkeith

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:49 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I went to VW and bought a seal. It's the green oil/fuel resistant type but unfortunately they sold me the 61.9mm size when it appears I need the 57.85mm one upon removal. That would have been a simple albiet expensive fix to replace the pipes but I have a full hardpipe kit on. This is the only o-ring seal left in my system. Hopefully the correct size green seal from VW fixes the leak. As the pipe has been moving the two tabs on the pipe that hold it in under the horseshoe clip are slightly worn. To stop it moving and wearing further I am thinking to reinforce the connection externally with self immalg. silicon hose repair tape andaybe heatshrink over the top of that, has anyone else done such thing?

Also I was contemplating taking the intercooler out to clean it as there was a small amount of oil pooled in the lowers part of this pipe. The intercooler has probably been on for 10-15k miles and I presume this small amount of oil is normal and unless the intercooler has a measurable amount sitting in it then there's no need for concern.

Offline theminty1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:19 pm »
Yes the reason my hose came off was due to the fact the pressed aluminium part of the hose had worn due to age. The RAC guy used tie wraps which while didnt look good did the business until i bought the new hose. Good luck. Again the will pull up a diagram for you and you can order from there.
:)
140 BKD GT TDi  5dr