Make a donation

Author Topic: A/c issues  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Rossmk5gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
A/c issues
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:59:56 pm »
Had so many issues with this car!

Basically had the cambelt done on my 2006 GTI along with an a/c compressor (old one was faulty) so that's all great.

A couple of weeks later I was at a pub and had just started the car when a loud horn noise occured causing a/c gas to seep out of the engine, call the RAC they came the problem didnt happen again so drove onwards. Later that night the same happened again but the car cut out and wouldnt stay running more than a few seconds. Got the car going and to a garage had it regassed and checked and its been fine... until now just parked up somewhere got back to my car started it same high pitched noise which sounds like pressure escaping and some a/c gas escaping.

My only theory is the econ button was on both times this has happened and there is a noise coming from behind the dash when the button is off the problem stopped and the noise died down? Any a/c experts!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: A/c issues
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:56:13 pm »
The engine cutting out isn't a good sign.  Seems like a lot of load on it, from perhaps a seized up a/c pump?  Was the replacement a genuine pump or a no name refurbed job?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D