Make a donation

Author Topic: Whiteline V's SUPERPRO Anti Lift Kits  (Read 2984 times)

Offline re2

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Whiteline V's SUPERPRO Anti Lift Kits
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:41:45 pm »
A lot of the whiteline reviews concentrate on the earlier yellow bushed kits which occasionally failed. I'm looking at the later black bushing Whiteline V's SUPERPRO. I can see benefits to both designs. Anyone have first hand experience of either, or preferably both?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Whiteline V's SUPERPRO Anti Lift Kits
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 02:36:04 pm »
Yeah I've used both. 

The WALK was my first mod, and I used the later black bushing version.  I did get very noticeable ovalising of the hole that supports the control arm, which caused some tramlining the worse it got.  It's a common problem with urethane bushings known as 'creep and set' and is precisely why OEMs don't use it on their production cars.  It took about 3 years of daily driving to get that bad though.   The WALK adds 0.5 degree caster.

I now have the SALK fitted (the harder 90 shure version) and so far so good.  Not enough miles on it to  form an opinion on the wear characteristics, but to me the SALK looks and feels a lot better made.  The SALK adds 1 degree of caster.

In summary, I'm not an advocate of poly on road cars at all, it has no place on passenger vehicles.  That said, if you are aware of and accept the wear characteristics, then the WALK and SALK are a lot better than the original rubber consoles, but not massively so.  You're not going to rejoice loudly from a building top.....it's a subtle, but worthwhile improvement.

I would consider the OEM S3 console bush if you want a fit and forget solution.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:08:41 am »
I have just replaced the Superpro ALK that was fitted to mine. Bushes had gone meaning I was getting a fair amount of movement causing knocking and tram lining.

For reference these were fitted around August 2012 at approximately 25k. They were removed September 2018 at 93k. I have had the standard ones fitted and I can definitely tell a difference. Handling is not as sharp but it is a lot less crashy.

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 07:14:01 am »
I replaced mine with TT/S3 ones. I went with Febi Bilstein and they have been excellent, def a noticeable difference from Mk5 OEM. A pair can be had on Amazon for £18. Febi part #33973 for just the bush (pair), or £29 complete in the console housing Febi part #34839 (pair).
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 03:41:48 pm »
I have just replaced the Superpro ALK that was fitted to mine. Bushes had gone meaning I was getting a fair amount of movement causing knocking and tram lining.

For reference these were fitted around August 2012 at approximately 25k. They were removed September 2018 at 93k. I have had the standard ones fitted and I can definitely tell a difference. Handling is not as sharp but it is a lot less crashy.

70K is a good life span for poly to be fair.   I would have gone S3 instead of standards personally, but I agree, rubber is definitely more refined than plastic.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D