Make a donation

Author Topic: New member from Auckland NZ  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Robinio

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New member from Auckland NZ
« on: August 24, 2018, 05:07:31 am »
Hi , Glad to be part of the forum and share experiences with my mk5 gti... looking forward to the useful info that the forum has to offer and parts purchases as well

I'm based in Auckland NZ and parts are still kinda a big struggle this side of the world... :signLOL:

Thanks Robinio

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:46:28 am by Robinio »

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: New member from Auckland NZ
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 10:18:19 am »
Hello and welcome
MK5 ED30

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:47 am »
Hi. Welcome.

Look out for my brother he lives in Owera  :grin:
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Robinio

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:55 am »
Will do :)

is it perhaps orewa? north shore side?

whats his name?

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »
Hi and welcome!

I'm originally from Auckland - been in the UK far too long and sadly never found my way back! Glad to see you've found a good car & site. Plenty of decent guides on here, even if there is a bit less activity when I joined in 2012...

Put up a build thread - would be interested to see what's happening on the NZ Dub scene!  :drinking:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:17:56 am »
Will do :)

is it perhaps orewa? north shore side?

whats his name?

Yeh that's it. I visited earlier in the year, loved it over there, some amazing roads, we drove down to Rotorua and Lake Taupo, and around the Coromandel. His names Paul he's a Marine Engineer, normally out on his standup paddleboard.
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Robinio

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 02:49:02 am »
Hi and welcome!

I'm originally from Auckland - been in the UK far too long and sadly never found my way back! Glad to see you've found a good car & site. Plenty of decent guides on here, even if there is a bit less activity when I joined in 2012...

Put up a build thread - would be interested to see what's happening on the NZ Dub scene!  :drinking:

Hey the dub seen is growing nicely in Auckland.... alotta vr6 guys floating around as well.... Not sure if I can post a build thread as of yet. Think I need a minimum amount of posts before that can happen lol

Offline kylo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 01:25:14 pm »
Hello Robinio

Very nice, it would look great with the bumpers colour coded.

The white makes a huge statement, it shows the dirt so easily and reflects how much care for the car and highlights the attention to detail you go to. I am pretty big on detailing! So when every inch of the car has been cleaned the white looks so smart! I used to have a Candy White 9N3 Polo 1.8T 20v GTI.

Can I ask about the pictures? The headlights look like they have LED daytime running lights, what fog bulbs are you using.

Welcome to the forum, it is so good for info, hints and tips.

Speak soon
KingKylo

Offline Robinio

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 09:39:07 pm »
Hello Robinio

Very nice, it would look great with the bumpers colour coded.

The white makes a huge statement, it shows the dirt so easily and reflects how much care for the car and highlights the attention to detail you go to. I am pretty big on detailing! So when every inch of the car has been cleaned the white looks so smart! I used to have a Candy White 9N3 Polo 1.8T 20v GTI.

Can I ask about the pictures? The headlights look like they have LED daytime running lights, what fog bulbs are you using.

Welcome to the forum, it is so good for info, hints and tips.

Speak soon

Hey Kylo thanks for the awesome comments... my car gets a weekly clean by myself and make time to keep her spotless as I love clean cars.... as for the lights I fitted the white led
error free bulbs that fit in the side of the headlamp, easy plug in install... as for the spotlight bulbs I fitted 9006 white led auto drl projector lamp, simple plug in instal aswell...

Iv also managed to do a 3inch cts downpipe and stage 2 unitronic software as well.. so car has lots of grunt while still maintaining the "sleeper" look

next is a dsg tune and unitronic intake so hopefully I will just pass that 205kw mark...

Im planning on keeping this car for a while as iv spent and done alota things already:

VW turbo bypass valve
powerflex dogbone mount insert
dsg service on 70 000kms
replaced all tired looking door switches
paddle shift extensions
ina cam followers
New Pirelli tyres all round incl wheel alignment
Did res dlete which I kinda regret as car bangs so loud now lol (will fit res back soon )

as for now im just planning on fitting a boost gauge soon and ill wait and see what I want to do next...

but thanks again for comments chat soon

Offline Robinio

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 01:04:47 am »