Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 Stage 2 replacement Tyres?  (Read 853 times)

Offline hussnainh8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Edition 30 Stage 2 replacement Tyres?
« on: October 16, 2018, 05:44:35 pm »
Hello,

So its time to replace the front tyres on the eddy and I am trying to pick the next set but need your help. Currently the eddy is running 347bhp and the tyres I have been using for the last around 1 year where the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. To be honest, I didnt quite like them as I didnt think they give enough grip as my tyres where still spinning through the bends and the car didnt feel very planted. The new Toyo R888R road legal semi slicks caught my attention and I know they are semi slicks but there are people who say the tyres are expceptionally well in the wet as well other than to stay away from standing puddles... I want to see what other users are running on their edition 30's before I decide what I want to throw money at.

Should I go for the R888R semi slicks which are road legal and will grip for days or do you guys recommend something else?

Thank You.

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 Stage 2 replacement Tyres?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 07:30:39 pm »
I wouldn't go for the toyo's with winter on the way. With that level of power in a front wheel drive you're always going to struggle putting it down, if you really want trackday type tyres then I've read favourable reports about Pirelli's Trefeo tyre.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:57:28 am by Octoparrot »