Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi. Let me introduce myself.  (Read 969 times)

GTIJenny

Hi. Let me introduce myself.
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:30:34 pm »
Hi all.
I've just joined this, what appears to be,  great forum for mk5 gti fans like..... Well I'll get to that in a minute.
I've joined on behalf of my daughter, although a thoroughbred petrolhead,  rather relies on her father to put things back together again! Having run an MG ZR 160Hp for several years as it progressively fell to bits, found it VERY difficult to find a suitable replacement. The MG  went like s**t off a stick and handled like a go-cart. After many, many months of research we decided the GTI Golf was probably the best option. Having saved for ages, she purchased a black mk5 GTI. It doesn't have low profile tyres like the MG, although she reckons it handles just as well. But, is infinitely more comfortable, much better equipped and is, in short, a fabulous car. Chuffed is probably the word I'm looking for. As her father, I'm very pleased she's driving something considerably more civilised and much safer than the MG. ( which was a hoot to drive actually, as long as you didn't travel over about 15 miles. Any more than that and it felt like you had been through a liquidiser! .Suspension. ... what suspension.!)
Anyway, that's the past, and the GTI is the present,  so here we are. I'm Nick by the way, and the closest I've got to my daughters lovely car is a diesel octavia. Which is a wonderful car to be honest. But doesn't quite cut it!. We do have a couple of little problems with the gti and found a lot of advice on this forum, so decided to join you. That way, we don't feel too guilty about taking help anonymously. Whether we can return any help remains to be seen, but I fear unlikely.
Great to be here. Hope we are welcome. Cheers.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Hi. Let me introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum..plenty of advice or guides on here or a member of the forum will help.Post some pictures up in the members ride section