Make a donation

Author Topic: revs climb on gear change cruise control doesnt work  (Read 2020 times)

Offline cossielee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
revs climb on gear change cruise control doesnt work
« on: October 15, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »
evening
noticed the other day when driving that the revs climb about 700rpm on the gear change , had the car scanned and it came back with clutch switch so I ordered 1 from vw and fitted it and its still the same , also a facebook post mentioned to check my cruise control and hey ho that's not working either , I don't know if they are both connected to the same fault
any help please
cheers

Offline DeWet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: revs climb on gear change cruise control doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:05:25 pm »
Had the same with the same symptoms on mine.....but since I had to rewire the ecu on mine it wont be your problem.
But.......it was the clutxh sensor wire I had on the wrong pin and after moving it it all worked fine.

So......yes it will be your clutch switch or the wire going to the ecu.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline cossielee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:46:23 pm »
cheers , could it be anything to do with the pcv ? I have changed the clutch switch sensor and its still doing the same

Offline DeWet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:14 am »
I doubt it......hace you tried checking with vcds?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Checking_Cruise_Control_using_Measuring_Values

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 08:00:11 pm »
I’ve read about this before, check wires going from clutch switch (which is part of the clutch master cylinder - behind heat pouch) and if all seems good, go for a new clutch master cylinder. On euro car parts they don’t come up under a GTI reg, but I’m sure the product number you need is - 136440300 double check with the guy over the phone then go back on the site and use there discount code. Or the guy might give you discount over the phone. Orrrr go on eBay I think Sachs
Do one for less than £40. But I would say more than likely it’s your clutch switch causing the issue.

Offline cossielee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:33:02 pm »
hi lads , I have changed the clutch switch for a new 1 , vw call this a hall switch for some reason , going to check all the wires on that plug and see if I can clean the clutch master cylinder , if not I will burn it with fire
cheers

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 09:25:15 pm »
Let us know the outcome

Offline cossielee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 09:22:15 pm »
checked the wires as far back as I could and all worked, checked them at the stork end just in case and they were find , still couldn't figure it out so was at a loss as it had been like this for 3 or 4 weeks, doubled checked the fuses and 1 was blown , new 1 in and bam , car was fixed
I hate cars

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 02:03:59 pm »
that's good news mate... cant believe it was a bloody fuse! nice one, good find :)

Offline Mayney

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 03:20:54 pm »
Hi,

I know this thread has been dead for a while but on the off chance you may see this...

Do you remember which fuse you needed to replace?

I am having the exact same issue with my eddy.. I replaced the clutch switch/hall sensor this morning in hope it would cure it but it has not.

I checked the engine bay fuse box and i there has never been a fuse in F7 throughout my time of ownership (7 months) but the issue only started happening in the last few weeks.. I have added a 5A to F7 but still no joy.
Cheers