Make a donation

Author Topic: Amp wiring for Subwoofer RNS510  (Read 2912 times)

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
Amp wiring for Subwoofer RNS510
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:48:05 pm »
Guys

I have searched the forum as this kind of thing has been discussed many a time but..

I'm bored of the sound quality of the RNS 510 and wish to add a subwoofer to add some fill to the lack lustre sound.
Looking at an Visual ice subwoofer housing and say a JL Audio amp to power the thing.

Now back in the day I had subs and the like in my Fiesta Supersport (wish I would have kept it looking at the prices) and don't wish to go mental, and wanted to ask about best amp/woofer combo 8" or 10".

I'm thinking of mounting the amp under the passenger seat, is it possible to tap off the rear speaker feed on one side? Or will the amp need both left and right to function? any one now colour coding? and can the rear speaker still be connected to work?

I have also had the luxury of HU with RCA out puts so amps with high level inputs is all new to me, I see most have speaker voltage switch on so this should help with switching on/off when not in use.

Any suggestions/advice always welcome..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:07:56 pm by gixerben »
Pirelli GTI

Offline Jarre

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Amp wiring for Subwoofer RNS510
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »
Hi.

I’ve got a Visual ICE stealth enclosure, it’s brilliant. I’ve also put my amp under the passenger seat. I’ve used a high level converter at the speaker lines just at the back of the stereo, so I have both left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Candy White ED30 :)

Offline Bedivir

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:16:32 am »
I remember when I first time put a subwoofer under the passenger seat the sound quality was very bad and I have no idea what to do. Fortunately, I have a friend that is good at this stuff and helped me very much.

Offline blingsta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 09:36:07 am »
why not also have the amp in the boot?   i used a high level convertor and took the feed from the speakers from behind the stereo, then just run rca's to the boot

have you done your install yet?