Make a donation

Author Topic: I'm back with another....  (Read 2840 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
I'm back with another....
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:25:23 pm »
After selling my Steel Grey MK5 GTI earlier in the year, i couldn't wait to get back behind the wheel of anther GTI. This time a friends that had done 12000 miles in his ownership.

It was in a sorry state cosmetically but mechanically was sound after having things like the Cam Chain and Tensioner, Thermostat and the cambelt and water pump done along with a 20000 mile service only 6000 miles ago.

The Cam Follower had also been done which was one of the service items ticked off the list. It has also had the wings and sills replaced by VW under warranty.

Once in my ownership i gave it a good detail and a good once over. It's looking far better now. It got MOT'd and needed £350 spending on it so got that done, took off the Intake and put back on the engine cover and that was about it.

2 months and 2000 miles down the line and its running like a dream. I've replaced the PCV and Diverter Valve for preventative maintenance, put in my dash cam and App Radio 3 with Apple Car Play and tried to keep on top of cleaning the inside and outside as best as possible. I've got some genuine floor mats coming for it too which shall finish off the inside nicely.

I've attached a few photos from a drive this morning. Car needs a good clean but with it being silver it hides it real well.

Shall update as frequently as possible.

Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: I'm back with another....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:09 pm »
Good to see you back Peter

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:12:47 pm »
Good to see you back Peter

Thanks Andy. I'm glad to be back.

Another update is I've just ordered a performance panel filter for it. Had one in my previous car, and just gave a little extra noise when pushing on which is what i want. I don't particularly like the noise of a induction kit so this was the next best thing. I also won't be going past stage 1 so will be more than adequate.
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline swight

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • My Ride: 2007 Golf GTi Edition 30 in Candy White
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 05:33:36 pm »
Welcome back!

Offline RBS

• Always Involved