Make a donation

Author Topic: Cordless Leaf Blower - any Recommendations Pls?  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Cordless Leaf Blower - any Recommendations Pls?
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:38:09 am »
Any suggestions, chaps, please?

Just for small patio area and drive, about 10 mins run time would be enough, but reasonably powerful to shift any stubborn soggy stuff. Can't be faffed with a plug in one. Some initial searching shows that there are different battery powers, so could do with a bit of guidance, if anyone has any knowledge, please.

Many thanks

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 13
Re: Cordless Leaf Blower - any Recommendations Pls?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:20:54 pm »
I personally do my own gardening ..........don’t get me wrong as I do it because I have to  :confused: (hate it though)
All my tools are petrol powered as I want to get it done ASAP and cannot be bothered in having to wait for battery pacs to charge when they run down
Just my 2 penneth

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:04:01 pm »
If you get the Ryobi one, you can use their other tools with the same battery.

I have a mower, Was expensive to start with to get the mower, battery (5Ah) and the charger was £200. But now I can get their other tools without the battery and is therefore cheaper.

If you can hold out to the end of the month there is a good chance of a black Friday deal on them. I'll be after the hedge trimmer and impact driver!
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 06:45:58 pm »
If you get the Ryobi one, you can use their other tools with the same battery.

I have a mower, Was expensive to start with to get the mower, battery (5Ah) and the charger was £200. But now I can get their other tools without the battery and is therefore cheaper.

If you can hold out to the end of the month there is a good chance of a black Friday deal on them. I'll be after the hedge trimmer and impact driver!

That's the same with all power tools though, one battery fits all.

Things to check include:- a decent ampage (longer run time),short charge time, light weight, good reviews, in your budget etc. etc.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 08:56:46 pm »
What's your budget? Can't go wrong with Stihl stuff. Their cheapest model is a shade under £200, they start first time every time, even after being left in the shed for months. No experience of battery ones I'm afraid.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 09:54:44 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. If I had a bigger area to do, I would go petrol, but a battery one seems ok for what I need. In terms of the battery amperage, the bigger the number (say 2.5 over a 1,5) does that just mean it will run longer from a full charge, or will it be more powerful as well?

Cheers

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:29:57 pm »
The higher the amp hour the longer the run time for two batteries otherwise equal. It does not necessarily mean more power.
If I have a 3ah battery it takes less time to charge than a 5ah battery but also has a shorter run time than the 5ah battery as it is storing less energy.  :happy2:

Keeping it original..............or not!!