Make a donation

Author Topic: Front anti roll bar bush part number / supplier  (Read 1270 times)

Offline reidy-

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Front anti roll bar bush part number / supplier
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:38:32 pm »
Hi Looking to eliminate an occasional knocking noise when going over bumps which I expect to be the front ARB bushes, started happening after a new spring was fitted but had it checked over by my mechanic and states that everything is tight / as it should be.

So I can only find the powerflex polyurethane versions, I just want to replace with OEM so could someone advise on a supplier as cant see then online with eurocarparts or giving it a reasonable google only pushes aftermarket options

FWIW they are stock ARB's so 23.6mm (I believe?)

Thanks in advance

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: Front anti roll bar bush part number / supplier
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:47:32 pm »
try TPS for a quote on bushes?

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »
Front genuine bushes are only supplied with a new ARB....they do not sell them individually.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline reidy-

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 05:22:01 pm »
Front genuine bushes are only supplied with a new ARB....they do not sell them individually.

Thanks for you input guys, it just seems very strange that there are tons of example of rear ARB bushes but almost none for the front

for what it's worth I think I'll just get a pair of these, which are priced reasonably

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183183022060?ViewItem=&item=183183022060

Thanks

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 06:37:11 pm »
I didn’t know you couldn’t get them individually so thanks.
Go with those bushes mate, gotta be better than the ones you got now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 09:23:58 am »
The ARB has to come off the car to drill out the bracket rivnut that holds the original bush in place on the bar.

The GTI bush is 23.6mm for ref and it is a pain to do, due to the subframe needing to be dropped also........no where near as easy as the rear.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline reidy-

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »
The ARB has to come off the car to drill out the bracket rivnut that holds the original bush in place on the bar.

The GTI bush is 23.6mm for ref and it is a pain to do, due to the subframe needing to be dropped also........no where near as easy as the rear.

I guess that make sense as to why they don't supply the individual bushes as replacement items, you can however buy the whole ARB assembly..

Thanks for the input

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 09:43:49 pm »
I can attest to this being a bit of a pig of a job, especially on the driveway under axle stands. Pudding did a great write up in the 'how to' section which was very useful to follow. You'll need to budget for 6 new subframe bolts too as they're a one-use stretch type bolt, plus new ARB bolts (x4) and use plenty of penetrating spray. My captive end bolts to the ARB both sheared which then entailed pressing them out the subframe to get them on the lathe and turn out the stubs...all good fun! I ended up dropping the whole subframe off the car as I just couldn't get the clearance and wiggle room to get out the old ARB.