Make a donation

Author Topic: Suggestions for New stereo please.help  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Graphite blue 54 plate 5 Dr gti.
    • Email
  • My Ride: Graphite blue, 54 plate gti
Suggestions for New stereo please.help
« on: November 26, 2018, 05:52:05 pm »
Hi, I have the basic standard CD player in my 2005 gti. I would like DAB, USB and  pref telephone but not essential. I am crap at DIY so looking for something that is a straight shop without canbusing etc as I know I will make a mess. Should I just go to Halfrauds or anything OEM you can recommend? Cheers guys.
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Suggestions for New stereo please.help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 06:29:51 pm »
I had the basic Pioneer appleplay model installed 2.5yrs ago by Halfords and it’s been great. Decent sounding radio and the sat nav functionality brings the interior upto date. The hands free phone works well.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 06:31:05 pm »
Hi, my cousin got a lovely one. It’s aftermarket but a straight swap, made by A-Sure! get a look on eBay, his is a big screen with knobs either side at the top, does maps, calling, everything all linked through his phone. I love it and want one myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »
I had the basic Pioneer appleplay model installed 2.5yrs ago by Halfords and it’s been great. Decent sounding radio and the sat nav functionality brings the interior upto date. The hands free phone works well.

Did they just do a straight swop? No new. Canbus against battery drain? Do you know which model it is now? Cheers for reply
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 07:01:30 pm »
Hi, my cousin got a lovely one. It’s aftermarket but a straight swap, made by A-Sure! get a look on eBay, his is a big screen with knobs either side at the top, does maps, calling, everything all linked through his phone. I love it and want one myself!

[/3quote]
I have seen this but didn't know if new canbus plus other leads would be needed?
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »

[/3quote]
I have seen this but didn't know if new canbus plus other leads would be needed?
I think you get the whole lot I’ll get him to tune in soon to confirm. But search for a golf mk5 one.

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:07:58 pm »

[/3quote]
I think you get the whole lot I’ll get him to tune in soon to confirm. But search for a golf mk5 one.

Cheers Muff. Let me know and is it idiot proof to fit  :happy2:
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »

[/3quote]

Cheers Muff. Let me know and is it idiot proof to fit  :happy2:
Haha, yeah I really don’t think it’s any trouble. As long as you get all the stuff it’s just a case of taking old out and replacing with new. I’ll be doing it myself in the new year.

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 07:12:16 pm »
I got an RCD330G+ from china (aliexpress) a couple months back for £150. Straight swap, though you have to update canbus gateway if you have an older one. Includes Bluetooth, apple car play, android auto, handsfree mic etc etc all integrated into the unit. And its OEM equipment from the China/Russia/India market, so VW logo on start up, dims when lights turn on and volume alters with speed.

Go for "revision E" to make sure all works as it should! Earlier revisions are even cheaper but have some niggles.
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 06:34:40 pm »
I got an RCD330G+ from china (aliexpress) a couple months back for £150. Straight swap, though you have to update canbus gateway if you have an older one. Includes Bluetooth, apple car play, android auto, handsfree mic etc etc all integrated into the unit. And its OEM equipment from the China/Russia/India market, so VW logo on start up, dims when lights turn on and volume alters with speed.

Go for "revision E" to make sure all works as it should! Earlier revisions are even cheaper but have some niggles.

Hi Fox, cheers,  is that revision E canbus? Where do I buy that ? Is it straight forward to fit?
Graphite blue 54 plate.