Make a donation

Author Topic: Help ASAP please  (Read 1012 times)

Offline tombGT

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Help ASAP please
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:20:22 pm »
Hope someone can help and/or give me some advice. My car is a 05 gt tdi 140 that is remapped to about 180ish.

Anyway I bought this car a few months back and it always had a slight boost leak but never got around to looking at it until the other day. It was the elbow that comes off the turbo outlet, it had a massive slice in it. So I got the part and replaced it. Them damb clips are a right pain to get on. Anyhow I got them on and took the car down the road. Never felt it pull so well. Actually took me back. But within a minute I heard a pop and had no power. Knew exactly what had happened. The pipe had popped off.

So today I have been back under the car and fixed it with the old tie wraps and jubilee clips. Pretty sure that will never come off now!

So took the car down the road again. Moved like a train until maybe half a mile when I heard a similar pop again. But this time time it is different. It's down on power again but the engine is really loud like there is no air filter or the exhaust as come off. I've had a look and can't see anything. The elbow definitely hasn't come off tho.

I'm worried because the car hasn't seen this much boost in a while that now something else has popped. But why the loud noise?

If anyone has any ideas it would be really helpful. I would love to get the car working to full power. At the minute it's like a straight diesel bit you can hear the turbo, just over the loud engine.

Thanks in advance!

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: Help ASAP please
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:42 am »
i'm sure I replied and we spoke about this issue? maybe not.. could have been someone else with the same/similar issue.

but I reckon you have another boost pipe that may have popped off or started too. check all boost connections thoroughly and go from there.