Author Topic: Final push for the MK5 GTI  (Read 602 times)

Offline paulmcgrath

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Final push for the MK5 GTI
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
Paul, there’s some brand new vis internals just listed on the TFSI for sale Facebook page for £200 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/424358197750803/ otherwise just email Ovidiu and I’m sure he can make you an offer.

Is Ovidiu on this forum? or should I just contact him through the website?

Thanks again lads for all the help and support. Just joined that UK TFSI website now, waiting for the admins to do their background checks  :P

Offline colesey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 37
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:36:34 AM »
Ovidiu is Mr Vis and is very helpful.

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 412
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »
90% of aftermarket DPs are cheap junk.  Look for a full bore outlet, which is about 85mm.  Only a handful of companies make such a flange size.  Relentless 3.5" and APR are two that spring to mind.  The crap you see on ebay is mostly 3" OD, which equates to considerably less than that on the ID, so quite a big step down in the flow.

Also look at the flex section length and quality.  APR use OEM flex sections and BCS use nice long flexis.  Stumpy little flexis runs out of travel under hard acceleration, meaning either the turbo flange studs will snap off, or the DP will fracture. It's important reliability stuff a lot people don't consider.

You should probably try Stage 1 with stock hardware before venturing into Stage 2+.  The latter is very underwhelming compared to stock > Stage 1.  It's not good VFM imo.

Good move on the Turbo Technics unit.  They don't big themselves up like most social media companies like TTE and Beach Buggy....but rest assured, they've been in the turbo game longer than anyone else and know their sh1t  :happy2:

Personally, I would put more money into the chassis than the engine.  Big grunt just results in one tyre fires and Astra Diesels will be smoking you off the lights, but either way, enjoy the journey.  Plenty of scope in these cars  :smiley:

Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.