Make a donation

Author Topic: Wierd one on start up  (Read 1166 times)

Offline JR.303

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Wierd one on start up
« on: March 23, 2020, 05:32:25 pm »
I started her up whilst warm the other day and it didn't catch first time like normal (my fault, it nearly fired)
I get a strange clatter on normal start up which having done research doesn't seem to mean anything.
But as it didn't fire I just got the clatter, I then started it  but the clutch was near the floor and was biting immediately which was odd.
I pulled the clutch up with my foot and everything has been completely normal ever since and it runs like a dream like normal, and I have done plenty more miles with no problem.
Could it have been that there was insufficiant pressure in the clutch system when it didn't fire?

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Wierd one on start up
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:16:27 pm »
Sounds like your slave or master cylinder jammed.
Try getting the clutch line bled - these should be bled with the brakes every 2 years but it tends to get missed or omitted form the service.
The state of the fluid that comes out is usually really grotty - possible reason for jamming.
If it keeps doing it, its new slave or clutch master cylinder.

Offline JR.303

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Wierd one on start up
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:33:56 am »
Sounds like your slave or master cylinder jammed.
Try getting the clutch line bled - these should be bled with the brakes every 2 years but it tends to get missed or omitted form the service.
The state of the fluid that comes out is usually really grotty - possible reason for jamming.
If it keeps doing it, its new slave or clutch master cylinder.
Ah, thanks I'll look into that when I can.
It has been fine since, but itdoesn't look like I'm going anywhere soon.