Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 buying help?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline JackD117

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Edition 30 buying help?
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:50:32 pm »
Hi all, first time posting here but I've been lurking for a while. Finally in the market for an edition 30. Going to view one early next week. It's a 2007 reg with 57k miles. Anything I should be looking out for specific to the edition 30's or are they similar in common faults to the normal GTi's? I understand they're different turbos, internals etc but with a full service history hopefully all should be good. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline unzippy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
Re: Edition 30 buying help?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:00:06 am »
Rust on the wings.
Cam follower.

Enjoy!

Offline JackD117

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:32 pm »
Picked an edition 30 up in October and forgot all about these forums, since I've been on the Facebook group haha! That particular one I was on about was a shed so after travelling all that way, it was a wasted day! Few weeks later one popped up in much better condition and a better price so went for that! Absolutely love it!

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:17:15 pm »
Picked an edition 30 up in October and forgot all about these forums, since I've been on the Facebook group haha! That particular one I was on about was a shed so after travelling all that way, it was a wasted day! Few weeks later one popped up in much better condition and a better price so went for that! Absolutely love it!

hi mate, what facebook group are you referring to please? might have a nose around lol

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:18 pm »
and glad you found one you love! always makes the ownership more delightful  :laugh: