Make a donation

Author Topic: Haunted sunroof  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Ted Irl

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Haunted sunroof
« on: February 04, 2019, 09:19:33 am »
Every now and then my sunroof tilts up, all on its own,  for no reason. No rhythm to it, you could drive all day,  no problem,  another day you could be out for a half hour and up it'd go.
And in the frosty weather before the weekend,  it opened upon unlocking the car,  and I had to cycle the switch through open-close several times to get it to close again.

Any suggestions?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Haunted sunroof
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:25:04 am »
Every now and then my sunroof tilts up, all on its own,  for no reason. No rhythm to it, you could drive all day,  no problem,  another day you could be out for a half hour and up it'd go.
And in the frosty weather before the weekend,  it opened upon unlocking the car,  and I had to cycle the switch through open-close several times to get it to close again.

Any suggestions?

I had the same issue. Really convenient when it’s raining, right?! Anyway it’s the round selector switch that’s to blame. It’s not uncommon. From memory you need to remove a few torx screws from the unit the switch is housed in, then it unclips from the connector.

If you haven’t already got round to this, could you post up the part number for the switch? I still need a replacement, and god knows where the original is!