Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing replacement  (Read 13147 times)

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Front wing replacement
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:30:39 pm »
Hey guy. So I was parked in a public road on Sunday when 2 homeless guys started fighting and ended up getting pushed into the nsf wing. They managed to dent the wing on the wheel arch. I've had it into a body repair centre today and was told it would cost £589 incl vat to repair. I'm guessing that's to knock out the dent and fill and blow in.
My question is should I just replace the whole wing myself as there just bolt on and seems easy looking at a YouTube video. Or go via my insurance and have it filled and painted in?
A fully painted wing on eBay only costs £98 pound.

Offline Ted Irl

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Front wing replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:03:32 am »
Tbh it sounds like the body shop are completely taking the p1ss.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:26:29 am »
I'd get it done without going through insurance as you will get stung come renewal time.
Get some more quotes as that's a stupid price or go down the Ebay route, if you do buy one of those would like to know what they're like finish and fit wise....  :happy2:

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 02:25:36 pm »
at the price of that quote.. I personally would buy a new wing and unbolt - bolt it on!

my mates just brought the aftermarket new painted ebay ones.. they'll be arriving soon.. and i'm giving him a hand fitting them! from the reviews we read.. some people said they are not as good as the original (as in quality) which is to expected! but they are stunning and a perfect replacement! someone else said they don't fit well, where as another said they fit lovely! so whether that's down to the DIYer's doing or not I'm not sure.

for £100 i'd go down this route though.. unless you can get a lot cheaper quotes elsewhere.. but seriously don't pay over £500+

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 02:47:06 pm »
at the price of that quote.. I personally would buy a new wing and unbolt - bolt it on!

my mates just brought the aftermarket new painted ebay ones.. they'll be arriving soon.. and i'm giving him a hand fitting them! from the reviews we read.. some people said they are not as good as the original (as in quality) which is to expected! but they are stunning and a perfect replacement! someone else said they don't fit well, where as another said they fit lovely! so whether that's down to the DIYer's doing or not I'm not sure.

for £100 i'd go down this route though.. unless you can get a lot cheaper quotes elsewhere.. but seriously don't pay over £500+

Reply back here if you could and let me know how you get on. I'm tempted to knock my.small dent out as it's not cracked the paint or scuffed at all.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 02:52:28 pm »
yeah sure, I'll give you my own opinion on them ;-) its something i'll be looking at doing on mine too eventually.. so he's being the guinea pig for me  :wink:

It's worth a try knocking it out, "you can't break what's broken" right  :laugh:

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 03:02:43 pm »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:05:23 pm by DBXdarkangel »

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 03:08:28 pm »
It's hardly anything on mine. I'm surprised how weak and flimsy the metal is

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »
its not as bad as i'd imagined to be fair. but how bloody annoying!! maybe try tapping it out then, it might even "pop" out, you never know. if it doesn't though and looks worse, go ebay route  :wink:

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 03:23:28 pm »
its not as bad as i'd imagined to be fair. but how bloody annoying!! maybe try tapping it out then, it might even "pop" out, you never know. if it doesn't though and looks worse, go ebay route  :wink:

It's more annoying as it was 2 homeless drunks fighting and no cctv. My dash cam got there faces but not actually hitting the car so police would do anything. Not to mention as I know every inch if the car, It's more noticeable to me as I know it's there lol

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 03:43:51 pm »
gutting times mate.. police don't do much these days anyway unfortunately. I know what you mean by knowing every inch.. that's the worst part - having something out of place!

Offline Callum45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 07:34:33 pm »
Have a look for a local paintless dent removal man. That will get removed not a problem, the person i use near me only charges £60

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 09:54:36 pm »
Have a look for a local paintless dent removal man. That will get removed not a problem, the person i use near me only charges £60
Never heard of them. Might have to search for that.

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 02:42:12 pm »
Just had a quote of £150 to do the dent with paintless dent removal. Will report back on Thursday next week when he's done it.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 09:49:13 pm »
That was a good shout about getting a dent man in, don't know why I didn't suggest that as I had one in a while ago to do mine  :signLOL:
Anyhow it's hard to see how much damage there is from your rainy pics but hope it goes ok. Is that price just knocking them out or some paint too?