Make a donation

Author Topic: Apr system on the bay  (Read 19522 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Apr system on the bay
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:03:56 am »
Hmmm, I certainly don't reckon their quality is as good as Milltek.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:05:35 am »
Looks good, someone could snap up a bargain there. APR systems sound really nice too, a lot different to other systems out there  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 11:34:57 am »
White GTi has a full turbo back one of these and he did extensive research before choosing one of these over Miltek.  :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 05:00:17 pm »
White GTi has a full turbo back one of these and he did extensive research before choosing one of these over Miltek.  :smiley:

Hasn't he got the newer RSC version??

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 05:04:45 pm »

Hasn't he got the newer RSC version??

Whats that, i know nothing about zorsts i just saw APR  did the sum 2 + 2 = 5 and obviously got it wrong.  :signIWS:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 08:41:22 pm »
^^^ Maybe, I will do some research myself as I am very temped by the one WhiteGTI has just got, as from his review it sounds (no pun intended)  like a good balance between performance, sound and cabin "boominess"  :smiley:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 08:54:29 pm »
I've asked APR if they can supply an RSC for the S3 but they aren't very forthcoming in their replies.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 09:01:30 pm »
Hi!

The eBay advert isnt too clear, im not sure if it is the RSC version. I notice that its being sold by Awesome GTI, so if anyone is interested, then im sure a quick phone call to them will clarify things.

I know that they did have the RSC system fitted to their demo car - so perhaps it is! Worth double checking though.

T_T - No doubt that Miltek produce very good quality exhausts. The new APR RSC system has been very well received by every tuner that I've spoken to, even with JKM who have sworn by Miltek for years now saying how impressed they were with it. Have a look at it one day in real life - the fitment, the materials used etc etc -  I think you will be impressed by it!

T88OMM - yep, the sound is completely uncharacteristic of the TFSI engine! Crazy  :laugh: :laugh:

Top Cat - you seriously crack me up  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Steve P - correct, I am running the RSC as opposed to their previous system. Their previous systems were called 'Stealth' - which is the equivalent of the Miltek Resonated (but be aware that this system is actually pretty loud and is more comparable to the the Miltek Non Res in real life). The other system was called the 'Sport' - which so I'm told sounds like a race car, and is too loud for road use. With the introduction of the RSC technology, the downpipe and sport cat part of the exhaust system has not changed at all from the old 'Sport' system, the RSC part is new to the Cat back only.

Yes, quite a bit more expensive than the Miltek equivalent, and in terms of performance gains from the full TBE probably pretty much exact to the Miltek, so I think the key point to consider is the noise differences.

As I've always said, if anyone wishes to hear the RSC, do not hesitate to get in contact with me, and we can sort something out  :happy2:

Chris.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 09:02:19 pm »
I've asked APR if they can supply an RSC for the S3 but they aren't very forthcoming in their replies.

Paul at APR has just got himself an S3, and I think they are using his car for the development work of this system. Probably only a matter of time before it comes out  :smiley:

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:15:51 pm »
rear silencer looks tiny compared to a milltek

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 11:27:48 pm »
rear silencer looks tiny compared to a milltek
Size isn't everything...    :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 01:30:53 pm »
Im guessing this wont be an RSC beacuse it is a relatively new exhaust isn't it ? I think that this system is the old APR one taken off their MKV demo car in order to fit the new RSC  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 02:37:36 pm »
T_T - No doubt that Miltek produce very good quality exhausts. The new APR RSC system has been very well received by every tuner that I've spoken to, even with JKM who have sworn by Miltek for years now saying how impressed they were with it. Have a look at it one day in real life - the fitment, the materials used etc etc -  I think you will be impressed by it!

So why did the pic in the fleabay ad clearly show corrosion on the pipes?  You don't get that with Milltek, nor do you get that on a six year old Magnex.  Me thinks APR stuff is overhyped, but ETTO.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 02:39:21 pm »
cohiba has the full apr system and its ALOT louder than milltek.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,