Make a donation

Author Topic: Jabbalad's Candy white Edition 30 build thread  (Read 70542 times)

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
Jabbalad's Candy white Edition 30 build thread
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:11 am »
Well here it goes, im not the best at these things so please be patent  :fighting2:
After a month or so of looking this beauty popped up, 08 candy white Edition 30 with satnav, Xenons, and so on, just what i was looking for  :smiley:

After how much the audi had done to it i said i would leave this car standard... yea right
The monday after picking it up there was a set of Eibach springs on there way to me thanks to my good friend at Eibach! (the slippery slope had started!)
the weekend after i had picked it up i armed with a set of Eibach Springs and Eibach wheel spacers i was off to the ring  :smiley:

I didnt think to time any laps, but looking back at the one lap that my friend had recorded we saw that we were around the 8.40 region with going through the old pit lane (they were prepping the barriers on the joining part between the new and old tracks for the 24hr testing later in the day).... didnt think that was too  bad for a basically standard car!

After a few months the bug to do more had bitten! so with a few phone calls made, a new milltek Turbo back exhaust system, KW Clubsport coiovers and some Ferodo DS2500 pads were on there way to me  :laugh:
Whilst these went on i thought it would be a bit of a shame if i didnt put a Jabba generic map on to compliment the mods  :smiley:
Heres how the car sat on its new coilovers, at this point i had smoothed and painted my grill mask, and painted the bottom part of the rear bumper matt black too!

At this point it was estimated that the car was running around 290-300 bhp as the car hadnt yet been on the rollers! (this was later confirmed on the rolling road  :smiley:)

One trackday at snetterton later and the brakes were dead! so i set about talking to matt at VW Racing about the best no nonsense route to go! ( I had already had the Porsche 6 pot calipers on the audi, and as good as they were, they still didnt have the feel or power that i would like!)
Matt informed me that they were making arrangements to change there big brake kit to make it better, so after waiting a couple of months for it to become available i had the first customer fitted kit in my hands :smiley:
Couple of hours later and they were on along with some Team Dynamics wheels....

(this one was taken the day before i fitted the brakes!)

To say i was impressed with the brakes was an understatement! coupled with the DS3000 pads the stopping power was immense, by far the best survo'd brakes i had ever felt!!! this gave so much more confidence in the car it was unreal!

The car then stopped like this for a few months with the exception of a full set of Superpro bushes front and rear! I then got bored again and decided to order a forge twintake  :smiley: also after a week of listening to the addison lee VW cup scirocco being custom mapped on the rollers i decided to get mine on and Kev set about custom mapping it for me  :laugh:
The outcome of this was 330 bhp and a nice healthy slab of torque to help shove me along, at this point the standard fuel pump was maxxed out! so we set about getting a few of the Autotech pump internals sent over! DSG gearbox was also limiting what we could do, so i went of too get the Gearbox map loaded in!
With the pump now on, the car was back onto the rolling road.... the outcome of this was 347bhp, but a massive spread of power and a healthy torque curve! the car felt soo good now, it was such a big change  :smiley:

As it was coming into the better weather i ordered some Toyo R888 tyres to help with the grip, then set off to GTI Spring festival...

With all the new mods now onboard the car clocked an impressive 12.79 @ 111mph!
I was really pleased with this considering i was still using the standard intercooler and how hot it was on the day! would of been sapping the power!

Now we come to the current day! (5th may 2010)
The S3 intercooler and pipes were fitted in saturday, this made a massive difference! the car felt alot sharper on throttle response and it seemed to pull so much better all the way through the rev range and pulled the same in every gear too where as before it would tail off quite alot when getting through 3rd and into 4th, 5th and 6th!

I only got a couple of days to appreciate it tho as come monday morning (bank holiday) i set about taking the turbo off! 3 hours later the turbo was off and packed ready to be sent off to turbo dynamics to be Hybridized?  :laugh:

which has now left the car in this state... hopefully the turbo should be back this week though and i can get it back on for the weekend  :happy2:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
Re: Jabbalad's Candy white Edition 30 build thread
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »

What a prat i look like  :signLOL:

Your car looks the shizzle Jabala, i so love the sound of your blop on DSG... it was so loud, even i could hear it in the stand... and it left a few spectators puzzled what the noise was...  :signLOL:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:35:02 pm »
Nice, like the smoothed front in white... :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline steve D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »
Been out in this car and it's quick..stops bloody well to  :happy2:
Back to standard!!!!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:42:48 pm »

What a prat i look like :signLOL:

Your car looks the shizzle Jabala, i so love the sound of your blop on DSG... it was so loud, even i could hear it in the stand... and it left a few spectators puzzled what the noise was...  :signLOL:

:signLOL: :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »
Very nice mate, saw your car at Ultimate Dubs and it looks spot on!!  :drool:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:54:38 pm »
Love it :happy2:

I'm partial to a build thread to, there my favourite :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:16 pm »
like it, wish i had my car in white, its without doubt the best colour.  i reckon his is the most eagerly  anticipated thread for a while wit your planned mods.

since the car is now stationary with no turbo fitted, and has the S3 IC  in location this is the perfect time to get the WMI install done  :wink:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »
haha thanks everyone  :smiley:
I will keep this updated as the car progresses, i have some big plans for it but time will tell  :happy2:

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:28 pm »
like it, wish i had my car in white, its without doubt the best colour.  i reckon his is the most eagerly  anticipated thread for a while wit your planned mods.

since the car is now stationary with no turbo fitted, and has the S3 IC  in location this is the perfect time to get the WMI install done  :wink:

cheers  :smiley:

Yea i will have to twist someones arm into letting me put a kit on for development purposes  :wink: :laugh:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 05:39:56 pm »
Subscribed  :happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:29 pm »
Car looks awesome matey, looking forward to seeing the thread unfold  :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 06:34:35 pm »
Car looks awesome matey, looking forward to seeing the thread unfold  :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :drool:

+1 Think this is my favourite car on the forum at the minute and theres some nice cars on this forum :grin:.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:04 pm »
subscribed! nice to meet you at GTI fest Luke  :drinking:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:36:24 pm »
awesome looking car. cal tdi tipped me to take a look. and im pleased i did....is it wrong that my favorite bits the jabba sticker on the rims? orange on matt black :drool:

jabba at peterborough? not all that far from me up in lincs

whats the plan with the turbo?