Make a donation

Author Topic: Jabbalad's Candy white Edition 30 build thread  (Read 70530 times)

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
Re: Jabbalad's Candy white Edition 30 build thread
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »
Well.....

We have been going through the maps and there is defiantly no limit from the engine side (what i was getting at york where its backing off under more load)

We have been looking into it some more and it appears that the gearbox is limiting it... which would be why the requested boost drops when it is set higher on the map.

Mine is Running the first stage REVO DSG software installed by the TT shop (who have been very helpful)
On the day i said i wanted to go straight to the higher stage with future mods in mind, but REVO said to the TT shop that they wouldn't recommend it at the time because of the harsh nature of how the clutches engage (something i wasnt bothered about, but they said they would load the lower one in then when needed i could come back and they would load in stage2 for just the difference in cost)

Now we have come to upgrade there seems to be an issue with being able to purchase it....
REVO said that there isnt a need for us to upgrade as apparently there isnt any difference between the 2 apart from the launch control settings! (so now the cluches dont engage different and the clutch pressures arnt any different like they said they did before?)

so now im stuck with DSG software that isnt suited to the power/ torque and is limiting the boost!

It seems there cop out was that it wouldn't work with different software... something we know is complete crap as Jonnys old Edition 30 is working perfectly fine on Jabba Software with the higher DSG software....

Really dont understand what there problem is, we dont have any interest (or time) to do our own DSG software so we would of been happy to recommend other customers to go to them for it.... but if you arnt aloud to buy something they advertise whats the point?

Anyway.... Better option coming very soon  :happy2:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2010, 06:34:25 pm »
Sorry to hear that Luke. For me the reasoning behind REVO's answer doesn't ring true. They say that there is no difference, yet your car performs okay with a K04 and then is SLOWER with a hybrid :confused: Surely their limits aren't exceeded that far?

The stage 2 software is excellent, and I simply cannot see any reason why you shouldn't be able to upgrade to it.

There is always the GIAC option. They have updated their software to match the REVO stage 2 software.
Golf R gone.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2010, 07:08:36 pm »
Hmmm that does not sound right Luke and must be very frustrating.  Hope it gets sorted soon one way or another.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2010, 07:12:41 pm »
that sounds odd you are paying for a product you want and they cant tell you that you cant have it thats just  :stupid:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2010, 07:59:55 pm »
that sounds odd you are paying for a product you want and they cant tell you that you cant have it thats just  :stupid:

Thats what were thinking... really doesn't make sense as if it was on the car it would only gain them publicity for there DSG software! even if it isnt running there engine software.... Maybe there not confident in there own software?

Its because this new turbo is obviously capable of exceeding the limits that they put into the DSG software that its pulling the engine management side back to limit whats going into the gearbox! unfortunately it pulls it back quite alot tho... so much that it hardly pulls at times in the higher gears!  :confused:

Kev has been on the phone with them this afternoon, he said its just like going round and round in circles!  :scared:
i will let Kev explain more if he comes on

12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2010, 11:04:22 pm »
Y not just take if to a Revo dealer and get it put on then as they should have the file to download to the car

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:05 pm »
Were they replaced under warranty? The ring isn't hard on brakes

maybe its my drivin lol ...yeah mat and simon couldnt believe what happend and just changed them no problems , sorted

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:31 pm »
Y not just take if to a Revo dealer and get it put on then as they should have the file to download to the car

I think the agent has to ring up Revo for the code and to give the chasis number.  :happy2:

Also i think that you are correct to be very bemused and pissed at the moment, but i can see this ruining your build thread, as disagreements between tuners on open forums can get messy. My advice would be to remove your posts until the situation has been resolved, its your thread you can do what you want just giving my advice on what i think is the best way to keep this as a build thread.  :drinking:

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:41 pm »

He did Mat as he took it to TTS Roadsport (TT Shop)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »
There you go - just found this footage on my mac at home so a quick upload to Youtube in glorious HD for you:

Enjoy  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »
I reckon Luke and Jabbasport are keeping it quiet until Inters :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »
 :party: are jabba going to be there both days?
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline singh123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Seat Leon Cupra
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2010, 04:55:31 pm »
Seat Leon Cupra

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2010, 07:41:15 pm »
Any update on the DSG issue and WMI yet???

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2010, 05:30:30 pm »
we must be due the next installment now.  Has the DSG issue been solved, and any more WMI updates yet?