Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge FMFSITVR Recirculating Valve for the 2.0litre FSit Engines (ED30/S3)  (Read 15565 times)

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email

This review is specifically for the GTi Edition 30 or the new Audi S3 cars where the recalculation valve is remotely located at the front of the engine.

Why
Well I think Forge might just have done it again.
Following on from the Forge 007P 'the best selling replacement valve available' designed mainly for the 1.8T engines. A Replacement Valve for 2.0litre TFSI Engine! The standard recirculation valve on the 2.0litre TFSI is plastic and is prone to fail due to heat, high mileage and increased boost levels as a result of a re-map or chip, just like the standard valves on the previous 1.8T lumps.

From Forge Motorsport themselves

"If you are running increased boost pressures, after a software remap (chip), or the OEM valve is being subjected to high temperatures, the lifespan of the unit is significantly reduced. Even without any modifications taking place to the vehicle at all, this OEM valve has been shown to fail over time and it’s boost holding capacity also leaves some room for improvement. Our alternative is a fully engineered solution offering both significantly improved reliability as well as valve related boost response. Our valve and installation kit replaces the original unit with a pressure/vacuum operated piston valve that still also retains the desirable OEM ECU control over valve actuation. This product has been thoroughly designed and tested with the expressed intent of offering improved valve response and maintaining ECU control while resulting in absolutely NO fault codes, NO check engine lights, and no adverse effects of any kind. All of the necessary components and detailed instructions are included and everything is designed to make installation as simple as possible.”

Here is a capture of the standard plastic valve once removed:

Sourcing
Direct from Forge themselves online www.forgemotorsport.co.uk
£151.32  inc VAT

What the Kit consists of
The FMFSITVR valve, silicone vacuum hoses, solenoid, cable ties, Vacuum Tap piece, Instructions and sticker.

Tools Required

-  5mm Allen wrench or Allen socket with extension
-  3mm Allen wrench
-  1/8 Inch Allen wrench
-  Razor blade or snips to cut vacuum lines

Fitting
Pretty straight forward to be honest and the instructions come with the kit but are also available online in PDF format here

Plus Points
Reliability has got to be one of the main plus points and also a slight improvement to dumping sound on a mapped car. Also from my personal experience boost seems to hold stronger up the rev range and would appear to provide increased boost pressure straight away after a gear change over the standard valve (please note this is my own personal experience others may differ). Also its easy enough to put back to standard if needed.

Minus Points
You may not wish to have components of your new car changed!
Can be a bit fiddly fitting in the tight engine bay but is relatively straight forward to fit.

Summary
If you are running a Standard car and wish to up the power with the likes of a map or chip this modification will vastly improve reliability over a standard plastic valve and from my own personal experience hold boost higher up the rev range and during gear changes again on a mapped car.

Great product, well engineered great guide provided and is a well worthy modification  :happy2:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:35:52 pm by dan.payne »
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping:

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Updated now guys, would much appreciate your comments/experiences as this is my first ever Product review  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:56:40 pm by dan.payne »

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
brilliant Dan top quality  :happy2: good to have your input, its appreciated you took the time :drinking:
for me the following popped into my head

can be viewed as a non OE part by dealer (but I guess you could spray it matt black?)
theres also the newer version of the OE valve available that in theory makes this non required?
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
brilliant Dan top quality  :happy2: good to have your input, its appreciated you took the time :drinking:
for me the following popped into my head

can be viewed as a non OE part by dealer (but I guess you could spray it matt black?)
theres also the newer version of the OE valve available that in theory makes this non required?

True although I have no experience with the latest OE valve and its potential too perform with a mapped car. I think they'll always be buyers of the Forge kit due it being a 'modification' and being such a tried and tested product on a performance car.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

....When I changed my stock VW valve over a year ago to a Forge one, the stock one was already Revision G. I haven't seen the latest VW DV but I'll be very surprised indeed if it measures up to the Forge offering.

Don't forget that the Forge DV has been specifically designed to accommodate remapped cars and tested on them whereas the VW one will not have been either designed or tested on modified cars.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Great write up Dan  :happy2:

Is there a more specific guide for the ED30 fitment rather than the Turbo located K03 instructions as I fancy a crack at this myself and would imagine the front mounted version is a lot easier to do  :wink:

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Great write up Dan  :happy2:

Is there a more specific guide for the ED30 fitment rather than the Turbo located K03 instructions as I fancy a crack at this myself and would imagine the front mounted version is a lot easier to do  :wink:

Its basically the same as the standard golf fitting but its remotely located  at the front of the engine and you don't need to get under the car to change it :happy2: any questions feel free to ask me im on msn (address is in my profile). :wink:

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
Nice review :happy2:

How does it sound when you boot it?

Can you hear the turbo spool?

I'm looking at getting the one for the normal GTI but, don't want a chavvy sounding one that would wake up half the street :evilgrin:

Cheers
Max

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
^^^^
@ Max

The Forge DV doesn't make any 'chavvy' noises. You would have to add an additional component Forge offer if you wanted all those whoooshy ssssh sounds every single time you change gear!

I have read that the whoooshy bit doesn't help turbo efficiency.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Nice review :happy2:

How does it sound when you boot it?

Can you hear the turbo spool?

I'm looking at getting the one for the normal GTI but, don't want a chavvy sounding one that would wake up half the street :evilgrin:

Cheers
Max

No real sound improvements tbh, but then I dont have an open filter.  :smiley:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
im trying to fit mine now, but having real problems where to put the solenoid. it wont go where yours is, the plug wont reach to it :fighting:

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline TopEnhMip

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Английский язык
    • Email
Английский язык
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 01:12:36 pm »